Questions about the 35 hours of the PMP

2»

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MS

What's your take on SCRUM methodology?

I have a friend who does pretty dang well and swears by SCRUM. He has the 911 and house to back it up.

What's your take. I really don't know much about it.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    MS

What's your take on SCRUM methodology?

I have a friend who does pretty dang well and swears by SCRUM. He has the 911 and house to back it up.

What's your take. I really don't know much about it.

I tend to think SCRUM/Agile is often used as an excuse for people to be lazy. I know that's not the intent, but that's how it seems to come off in a lot of organizations.

That said, it's not really my area of expertise, nor is it something that I see myself getting involved in any time in the near future.

MS
    newmove wrote: »
    Its not a requirement. I could get a Practitioners certificate tomorrow if I'm ready.

Yeah, with PRINCE2 all one has to do is take and pass the exams.

Mixed bag though...it would really only be useful as a credential outside of North America. Here you'd have to explain to most people what it is, and they'd still look at you like you have three nipples.

MS
    eMeS wrote: »

Mixed bag though...it would really only be useful as a credential outside of North America. Here you'd have to explain to most people what it is, and they'd still look at you like you have three nipples.

MS

hiliarous
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108

MS

Americans can be arrogant :D. If you have PMP here,you still get respected.

It's pretty weak that employers don't recognize that.

It's not that so much as it is that PRINCE2 has never really been pushed in the US...there's almost zero awareness of it.

Hard to see how PMI doing a superior job, and OGC doing an inferior job at marketing their product equals arrogance....

MS
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    It's not that so much as it is that PRINCE2 has never really been pushed in the US...there's almost zero awareness of it.

Hard to see how PMI doing a superior job, and OGC doing an inferior job at marketing their product equals arrogance....

MS

It's not like PMI is doing a superior job so to speak,it's about awareness of accepted standards in different localities.
    It's not like PMI is doing a superior job so to speak,it's about awareness of accepted standards in different localities.

I'd say it is...PMI has the North American market because they've done a superior job at marketing their product and making people aware of it. PMI's products are more accessible in this market.

OGC has not done the same with PRINCE2 in this market. It's nearly impossible in the US to take PRINCE2 exams. It's largely an inaccessible product in North America.

It's not like people in the US avoid PRINCE2 simply because it comes from the UK. That would be arrogance, but it's not the situation at play here. It's that PRINCE2 is generally unknown in the US because of a lack of effective marketing and because it's inaccessible.

MS