Options

70-270 study material suggestion

quest_to_learnquest_to_learn Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I wanted to ask about the best resources for 70-270 exam. I bought "self paced traning kit" MS publication second edition which just came out on March 9th, 2005. I will use it as a main study guide but i am looking for some other resources as well. I will appriciate any help.

Comments

• Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    I'm currently using the MCSA/MCSE Windows XP Professional Study Guide (3rd Edition) by Sybex. It includes Service Pack 2, and so far seems like it covers everything. Then again...I haven't tested yet, so we shall see how good it really is after I pass! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I am using Syngress for 70-270. and Sybex. Them two guides are pretty good. I also have CBT Nuggets and Learnkey. I have not looked at the CBT yet, but I have heard they are informative also. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    rentaghostrentaghost Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    porengo,

what is the ISBN number of the MCSA/MCSE Windows XP Sybex book you refer to?

Thanks
  • Options
    LorienLorien Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using the Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit along with the ExamCram 2 study guide for BOTH 70.270 and 70.271. While I'm going to take 270 first, the material in 271 is very close and in some ways more detailed on certain topics which seem to be important for the 270 exam (like unattended installs and RIS). I'll study for both but focus on the objectives for 270 and take that one first - then the other shortly thereafter (assuming i pass 270).

Besides the books, I'm using about 20 different web sites (like this one) which contain study materials and/or sample questions. Any I can't answer directly, I write down for later review (along with any explanations provided with the answers).

First I read the Microsoft Press book, then I review the online sources and make notes, then I read the ExamCram book, then I review all three primary sources until I feel "comfortable." That's worked for me with every test I've taken in the past and I'm hoping it'll work here as well.

Good luck to everyone working on these certifications.
    Nothing is ever hopeless or impossible!
  • Options
    LorienLorien Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rentaghost wrote:
    porengo,

Thanks

The ISBN for the Sybex book that covers the 270 exam is 0782142419. It's available from amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782142419/qid=1112211752/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-7360066-7712810?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
    Nothing is ever hopeless or impossible!
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Lorien wrote:
    rentaghost wrote:
    porengo,

Thanks

The ISBN for the Sybex book that covers the 270 exam is 0782142419. It's available from amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782142419/qid=1112211752/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-7360066-7712810?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Sorry! I just now noticed this posting. The ISBN number I have is 0-7821-4412-8. This is for the third edition. The one that Lorien listed is for the second edition which doesn't include Service Pack 2 coverage.
  • Options
    RickyRappRickyRapp Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the Transcender exams for 70-270, 70-271, & 70-272...has anybody used these, and if so, how good are they? I'm buying books left and right, but I'll never be able to read them all to meet the May deadline for the Microsoft deal going on right now where if you take any of their exams and fail (by May 31st, you can take it again for free before June 30th).
    Why memorize what you can look up???