Windows 8 Leaks...

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Neowin.net - Windows 8 Live ID login image leaks and other features surface

Some interesting stuff... I'm very interested in the repair options.

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    restore would be nice

what ya bet its like a ghost program
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I guess time flys, i just got windows 7 lol However i just noticed that win 7 came out in 2009. Still 3 year turn around is pretty quick dont you think? Or is this normal?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Neowin.net - Windows 8 Live ID login image leaks and other features surface

Some interesting stuff... I'm very interested in the repair options.

2012..ugh I’m still working on my Windows 7 exams, I’m still trying to learn Windows 7. Won't there still be users that will be using XP in 2012?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Youll have companies and individuals, who the only way you will get them off of XP, is to pry it from their cold, dead hands. No worries.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've started studying for 70-780 and 785

;)
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    I personally love Windows 7 I am putting everything on it 10 routers on GNS3, not once it crashed on me, now Windows 8 wow Microsoft has been very busy...
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Youll have companies and individuals, who the only way you will get them off of XP, is to pry it from their cold, dead hands. No worries.

Indeed! My dad is currently on Windows 'Chalk and Slate' at home and he'll be taking that one to the grave for sure :D
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chrisone wrote: »
    I guess time flys, i just got windows 7 lol However i just noticed that win 7 came out in 2009. Still 3 year turn around is pretty quick dont you think? Or is this normal?

That's MS's current target for client OSes, so normal.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We've just completed the planning phases of our deployment of Win7.

We still have 7500+ stations still running XP, and no money for contract help. Fun times!
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WOW, 8 minutes for the installation, that's pretty quick.
    za3bour wrote: »
    WOW, 8 minutes for the installation, that's pretty quick.

I think I will believe this when I see it. I know the install of Win 7 is fater than that of Vista, but 8 minutes...? My BS detector is on yellow alert.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I will believe this when I see it. I know the install of Win 7 is fater than that of Vista, but 8 minutes...? My BS detector is on yellow alert.

I would assume it all depends on your hardware. 8 Mins probably for a beast of a machine.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think i remember reading somewhere that the 8 min install was on a box that had like 24GB of ram and 8 processors.
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Some of those features look great.

I gotta say this, but I installed windows 7 in around 10 minutes from a USB drive onto my laptop. Admittedly it does have a corsair f60 SSD but it can be done. I guess they were using some pretty nice hardware during their tests.

Edit: I guess it would have been even quicker if it was USB3!
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    bertieb wrote: »
    Indeed! My dad is currently on Windows 'Chalk and Slate' at home and he'll be taking that one to the grave for sure :D

I'm still running BOB at home. ;)

I am waiting for the day I can set up my Server 2013 box and mass deploy Windows 8 to all 20,000 machines on our domain in just a couple hours...
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    i think i remember reading somewhere that the 8 min install was on a box that had like 24GB of ram and 8 processors.

For a client O/S?! Wow.....I guess this would be for a gaming rig or something......lmao. Otherwise, that's sick...
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    i wonder how fast it will install with say 4 gig ram, ssd, and a thunderbolt pendrive for the install media
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    erpadmin wrote: »
    For a client O/S?! Wow.....I guess this would be for a gaming rig or something......lmao. Otherwise, that's sick...

Client OS would not recognize that many processors... I think that was a joke. On an install the real bottleneck will be disk IO. If it's 8 min on 8 GB RAM 6 core with an SSD, big deal.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some nice features overall so far. I'm looking forward to it!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63