Passed today!

a80lia80li Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I passed sec+ today with 794! I read Darril Gibson book only. Darril's book is really comprehensive and good but I would recommend for others to use other practice engines.
DG book is really nice as it has every thing you need to know and in an easy way to understand plus the examples and the hints were perfect.
I got about 10% of the questions that were on DG book in my test.

I want to say thank you DG for the great book and support!
I want to thank every one here that answered and supported me with the right and swift information!

Ali icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    Time to grab some beer !! icon_cool.gif
  • CertGuy2011CertGuy2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz !

Guess your up for MCSE now ?
  • drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    congrats, man its always makes my stomach crawl a bit when I about to press the "end exam" button.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • a80lia80li Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for the nice emotions!
    Well, I already have MCSA so I want to check if I can get MCSA:security!
    I read through MS site and they said that security+ is an option but I am not sure if I need another exam to fulfill it.

Good luck with your certifications!

Ali

icon_redface.gif
  • SteveThingSteveThing Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job homey!

I used DG's book exclusively as well and loved it. I didn't really have to study though (as I found out when I tested...).

What's next? Any long term cert goals?
    CompTIA: Net+, Sec+
    Aruba: ACMA, ACMP
    Air Force:
    2E251, 3D152, Fiber Installation Expert, Certified Cryptographic Network Professional, and a couple hundred useless certs on nothing important in real life (aka, Tree Killing+)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    a80li wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the nice emotions!
    Well, I already have MCSA so I want to check if I can get MCSA:security!
    I read through MS site and they said that security+ is an option but I am not sure if I need another exam to fulfill it.

Good luck with your certifications!

Ali

icon_redface.gif

Security+ satisfies one of the two security electives. You still need one of the other 4 exams. Since most of them are being retired soon the logical selection would be 70-299.