Linux+ certification bible

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
I've used linux for a little while. I bought the linux+ certification bible book back in 2002 (by Trevor Kay). But never got around to reading it..until now icon_lol.gif

I read that this book can be used as your only source , provided you have prior linux experience. Is this true?

Have the exam objectives changed since then?

thanks

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You can check the latest objectives and version of the exam at www.comptia.com
    I read that this book can be used as your only source , provided you have prior linux experience. Is this true?
    I think it is. It may not give 100% complete coverage of all the exam objectives, but will probably provide sufficient relevant information to pass. Just download the exam objectives from comptia and study them one by one. If it isn't covered in the book, there's plenty about it in google ;)
    On the other hand, a second book and/or a good set of practice questions might be worth the investement considering the cost of the exam.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    It appears that the most recent edition of this book is, Published January 2002, 670 pages, ISBN 0764548816. It gets mostly good reviews on Amazon.com. Of course, it seems that there is always someone who won't like a book, and there is always someone who will claim that it's the only book that you need.

Generally recommended that you always use at least 2 sources for study on any cert exam.

Thing to do. Go to Comptia.com and download the exam objectives, and as you study, make sure that you cover everything in the objectives. The exam just went through an upgrade in November.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    can anyone recommend a good test simulator? Boson or transcender? Which one should I get
    Thanks
    I think there are new objectives? It says for 04.

http://www.comptia.org/certification/linux/Linux_obj_2004.pdf

I wonder how different the test will be? Anyone taken the test with the new objectives?
    Thanks