IT work for someone experienced in audio?

westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am finishing my IT degree, and also have education/experience in all aspects of audio (having worked in a commercial audio facility).

Anyone have leads/tips on companies where these two areas might meet, allowing me to be particularly qualified for a job?

My thoughts were on places like Sirius XM, also gaming companies...

I'd much appreciate any ideas and connections, thank you!

Comments

• HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    westward wrote: »
    I am finishing my IT degree, and also have education/experience in all aspects of audio (having worked in a commercial audio facility).

Anyone have leads/tips on companies where these two areas might meet, allowing me to be particularly qualified for a job?

My thoughts were on places like Sirius XM, also gaming companies...

I'd much appreciate any ideas and connections, thank you!

The main thing that comes to mind would probably be VOIP or something along those lines. Can't say i've seen a job posting request audio type experience with IT, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you lived in some of the big citys like NY or parts of CA I'd say some of the large music studios might need IT people to backup hard drives and make sure everything works fine.

Radio stations and gaming companies are also good places to look. If you lived in CA I'd also say the film industry might be something to look around in.

What was your focus in your IT degree?
    If it was programming epicgames has an ad for a Audio Tools Programmer
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    I live in the San Fran bay area and Pandora Radio is always hiring. Several engineer spots open right now.
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide