Options

SIP ITSP Trunk in CCM7

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
Anyone setup a SIP Trunk in CCM7 that routes to an ITSP.

Correct me if i am wrong, but from what i have read so far, this is what i think i need to do..

1. setup authentication in IOS/Router.
2. Add an H323 device in CCM7
3. setup SIP Trunk in CCM7
4. setup dial plan in CCM7 pointing to the ITSP endpoint.
5. setup translations for the DID's, ext. 4001 = DID
6. easy test / download x-lite

sample configs or a general outline would be great if someone has it.

I am currently connected via my 2811 to an ITSP and routing calls that way with CME.

What i want to do is setup CCM7 to do the same, as its my HQ office.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    1. Setup your security last.
    2. Create inbound and outbound dial-peers for the SIP trunk
    3. You need to have SIP to H323 setup.
    4. You may need to bind the interface for the SIP trunk
    5. Also remember if the ITSP is not delivering anything onsite you will need a media termination point so you can pass DTMF if need be Call manager can do 2 G711 Media termination points if you are using another codec you will need DSP's

7. I have several configs and I"m sure none of them would work due to every SIP trunk configuration being different.

Good luck.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Some examples/whitepages for the “big” carriers here. Like sho said though they ALL have their own caveats!

Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) / SIP Trunking Solutions [Cisco Interoperability Portal] - Cisco Systems
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Some examples/whitepages for the “big” carriers here. Like sho said though they ALL have their own caveats!

Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) / SIP Trunking Solutions [Cisco Interoperability Portal] - Cisco Systems

Stop Copying my links from other posticon_king.gif
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Stop Copying my links from other posticon_king.gif

Nah, that link was from an email that I received from a Cisco SE on a Paetech integration that I was working on. Never seen your post or I would have given due credit :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Shodown.. i am more curious about the CCM7 segment of the setup. I think what you're stating is the CME portion of the setup, which I do have up and active at the moment.

I will take a look the link PIT..

thanks everyone.
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    Shodown.. i am more curious about the CCM7 segment of the setup. I think what you're stating is the CME portion of the setup, which I do have up and active at the moment.

I will take a look the link PIT..

thanks everyone.

Thats the gateway portion of it, it does work on CME if you need it. For the SIP trunk on CME you just need to setup the Route Group to Point to it. On the Trunk you just need the IP address. The SIP trunk Destination port(should be 5060)
    Currently Reading