Options

WAN and telecom vs. LAN administration

reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
Hello again all. When I was studying for my certs, a question appeared in my head. What do you all think about going from a job where you deal with WAN technologies (ATM, TDM, infrastructure stuff) that I do have experience with, to network admin with no experience? I am pretty interested in going after MCSA/E when I complete my CCNA and Security+ and want to apply for admin-type jobs. I will have the education for it, but no experience in actual admin duties of LAN. Any thoughts? Thanks. icon_cool.gif
Reloaded~4~Ever

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LAN administration mainly focused on operating systems or application like database etc. , so do you familiar with those?
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    LAN administration mainly focused on operating systems or application like database etc. , so do you familiar with those?

I'd like to do LAN admin focused on Operating Systems and operating a company's LAN in general. I really do not like coding that much or database management type stuff anyway.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok, maybe you dont have to do it ( coding ), but there are lots of database related application such as exchange etc...
    for myself i like to divide an end user side to 2 different section :
    LAN+WAN side -> which is OS and LAN/WAN related subjects
    LAN+LAN side -> which is end user applications related.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.