Real exam includes these kinds of questions?

Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just did a PrepLogic exam and it had loads of questions entitled "pick the best answers". Not pick the best TWO or THREE answers.

This made the questions much harder. For example, you might see three possible answers but decide to discount one and only pick 2. Or you might pick 3 out of 4 right but still fail the entire question.

Do these kind of vague questions appear on the real exam, or does it always tell you how many answers are required from the available choices?

I have some suspicion the PrepLogic exam (as well as the Transcender) are harder than the real thing.

Comments

• nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cant speak for the N+, but I noticed all my practice exams for the A+ were like that (I was worried too). But the A+ test itself wasnt. So maybe its the same scenario. Something to think about...
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Ed1975 wrote: »
    Do these kind of vague questions appear on the real exam, or does it always tell you how many answers are required from the available choices?

I have some suspicion the PrepLogic exam (as well as the Transcender) are harder than the real thing.

Yes, vague questions, and yes, from my experience (Exam was 4 years ago, maybe?) it would tell you how many answers were required, aka "Choose two" or "Choose three".

And also yes, I remember thinking the same thing regarding all of the practice tests I had taken. Regardless - Don't psych yourself out about it either way, you won't be doing yourself any favors in that regard. Prepare, review the exam objectives, prepare more on what you think you might be weak on, and bring home a new certification :)
  • hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    I can't speak for the Network+ certification either, but from my previous two CompTIA exams, you will see vague questions and possibly even a few "pick the best answer" questions.

Good luck on getting the cert!
  • SteveThingSteveThing Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took mine in 2009 and there were, but my co-worker just certed up and said there were quite a few of those. I personally HATE those. No matter how confident you think you are on something, it still messes with your head.
    CompTIA: Net+, Sec+
    Aruba: ACMA, ACMP
    Air Force:
    2E251, 3D152, Fiber Installation Expert, Certified Cryptographic Network Professional, and a couple hundred useless certs on nothing important in real life (aka, Tree Killing+)
  • kvermillion1kvermillion1 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes, there will be plenty of pick the best answers questions but if I remember correctly (passed 832/900 in March), it will tell you how many and probably not more than two best answers. HOWEVER, the questions will not be vague and in MOST cases, whether it be 2 or 3 correct answers, the correct choices will stand out amongst the rest. You should not be doing much guesswork on this test.

Go to Preplogic.com and try their free practice exam. 100 questions, timed and I found this to be a very good study tool.

Download your FREE Practice Exam!
    :study: Certified: CompTIA Network+, Security+
    Up Next: CCNA, MCITP: SA(70-640,70-642,70-646)
  • Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□