In your opinion what are some good IT management certifications?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything pertaining to this.

I know MBA's and other master degrees are perferred, but what about a cert for a day to day operations manager?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    In the education sector in the UK, FITS: Manager (Level 5) is being pushed.

Also the NVQ in Management level's 3, 4 & 5 (while not IT specific) are also quite good to have. Depending on what route you do, it can cover Project Management, Finance Management, Health & Safety, Individual and Team development, etc...

However they are more recognised in the UK/EU rather than in the US.

-ken
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    PMP and ITIL V3 foundation
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely PMP.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here is one from HDI I would take, if the company I am working for would pay for it.

HDI Training Course Details | The IT Service & Technical Support Community
  • pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont know any management certifications per se, but if you would like to read some books, check out my reading list on Linkedin.......

The HDI cert is only focus towards service desk and not as borad as what you're looking for, IMO.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pakgeek wrote: »
    I dont know any management certifications per se, but if you would like to read some books, check out my reading list on Linkedin.......

The HDI cert is only focus towards service desk and not as borad as what you're looking for, IMO.

Pak thanks for the heads up.

Money is scarce so I am being very selective, not to mention the new job has me going in several different directions.

Business process modeling, project management, day to day operations, training, activities accounting and the list goes on and on. So right now I don't have time for much, except for what is on my plate at work :)

Really Linux, project management, and process development are my main focuses at the moment.

***Not in that order I might add.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All my managers have ITIL v3. That was the reason I went and got mine.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action