Options

Is this overkill ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Honest, i just cant do the bricks. Once i enter the CCIE realm, i will buy it then. Dont know why its a must in the CCIE lab either.. ??
  • Options
    JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    The PoE makes the meter spin to fast, but in R/L deployments, most companies use the PoE, so use that just for config practice.

when simply configuring call routing, CSS, I use the bricks.
  • Options
    IPDirectIPDirect Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Meh, I got tired of looking for deals and just went ahead and purchased the hwic-4esw+2811-ac-ip. I was gonna buy it for my ccie anyways, might as well just buy it now and be done with it.

2 months and $6500 later, my CCIE voice lab is now complete. I had to sell off all my photography equipment to fund it....lame.
  • Options
    no worries on that.. when your making good money, buy an updated DSLR with all the special lenses your heart desires. lol
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    IPDirect wrote: »
    Meh, I got tired of looking for deals and just went ahead and purchased the hwic-4esw+2811-ac-ip. I was gonna buy it for my ccie anyways, might as well just buy it now and be done with it.

2 months and $6500 later, my CCIE voice lab is now complete. I had to sell off all my photography equipment to fund it....lame.

Yep, it adds up quick! Just think of it as temporarily allocating funds for your career – You should have no problem making your money back should you decide to sell the lab later on down the road.

From what I can gather from the configuration guide (below) only subtle syntax differences between the HWIC-4ESW and a dedicated switch.

Things that stuck out to me:
    1) VLANS are created the old school way (in the vlan database 1st)
    2) Phone ports need to be configured as trunk ports

Of course you can verify this for us now! :)

Cisco IOS LAN Switching Configuration Guide, Release 12.4T - Cisco HWIC-4ESW and HWIC-D-9ESW EtherSwitch Interface Cards [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 T] - Cisco Systems
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Yep, it adds up quick! Just think of it as temporarily allocating funds for your career – You should have no problem making your money back should you decide to sell the lab later on down the road.

From what I can gather from the configuration guide (below) only subtle syntax differences between the HWIC-4ESW and a dedicated switch.

Things that stuck out to me:
    1) VLANS are created the old school way (in the vlan database 1st)
    2) Phone ports need to be configured as trunk ports

Of course you can verify this for us now! :)

Cisco IOS LAN Switching Configuration Guide, Release 12.4T - Cisco HWIC-4ESW and HWIC-D-9ESW EtherSwitch Interface Cards [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 T] - Cisco Systems

That would be weird if it was done the old way. From my understanding it's supposed to be equivalent to the 3560 but with a slightly different syntax, but I haven't really read much of the literature on it. We will see soon!
  • Options
    oh damn you CISCO.. why the old way... cant wait to join the HWIC POE party lol -_-
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    cant wait to join the HWIC POE party lol -_-

Stop spending your money on colored fans and you just might be able to, lol. ;)
  • Options
    few bucks wont hold me back.. lol its the pain of the PSU + cable + card just to run poe on the damn router. grrr.. i will just do it during CCIE