Options

new horizons Computer Learning

poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
going to school at new horizons Computer Learning for IT Tech stuff , right now i am taking CompTIA A+ . i was wonder if any one has gone to school here and how good the study's are at this school . also i am going through the testout and the book by mike myers on A+ . any way's i have built 3 of my own computers and been on a pc since win95. so, all in all will CompTIA be hard for me after all this and what i know all ready.

side note , i know about regedit ,VMWare,and stuff about Windows PE And AIK

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    poszeone wrote: »
    going to school at new horizons Computer Learning for IT Tech stuff , right now i am taking CompTIA A+ . i was wonder if any one has gone to school here and how good the study's are at this school . also i am going through the testout and the book by mike myers on A+ . any way's i have built 3 of my own computers and been on a pc since win95. so, all in all will CompTIA be hard for me after all this and what i know all ready.

side note , i know about regedit ,VMWare,and stuff about Windows PE And AIK

Unless an employer is paying for New Horizons, I wouldn't get trapped financially with them. I had a co worker that went through the MCSE with them in the NT days, and has just made his last payment two months ago. He was indebt to them for 10 years.

To be honest if you have that much experience you should be able to go through Security, Server, A, and Network + with just books and practice exams.

On a side note, if you have experience with VMWare, I would look at getting certified in that. That is a hot certification to have right now. That is of course assuming you have realy world knowledge of the technology.

Good luck
  • Options
    poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance) is paying for it .they pay up to $10,000 ,there for i went for it .the more i know the better of i am is the way i see it.

yes , i will say that so far after being in class for my 1st week that everything so far is easy.there has been a few thing's that i didn't know that i have learned .really just the term's for everything is something that i get lost on, IE IEEE 802 vs IEEE 1394 .

didn't know VMWare is so hot in the market right now. i have only used it to run MAC OSX on my PC so see how a program by apple looked and worked. which by the way i don't like it (mac osx) .