Options

got a scholarship

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Just got an e-mail saying I received the Go Further WGU scholarship, I think it's 2 g's over 4 semesters, so $500.

pretty sweet.... i start April 1st
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats Mike! What are you going to be studying? Certs part of the study I'd imagine?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    thanks.. BS in IT, emphasis in Network Admin
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

More reasons to like WGU -- reasonable tuition AND they like to throw some of their not-for-profit excess money back at qualified students. icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And to think....you wanted to work on a 5th AS degree... icon_razz.gif (teasing)

Congrats brother! From one "scholarship student" to another, I have no doubt you will do well!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    free money yays. I wish i qualified but I was only able to transfer in 52 units and I didn't have an associates degree.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    And to think....you wanted to work on a 5th AS degree... icon_razz.gif (teasing)

Congrats brother! From one "scholarship student" to another, I have no doubt you will do well!!

that made me laugh...

thanks all.. it makes for a good day, getting that info first thing in the morning..
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome! Congrats, I know things had been kinda tight for you, so it couldn't have come at a better time!
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail saying I received the Go Further WGU scholarship, I think it's 2 g's over 4 semesters, so $500.

pretty sweet.... i start April 1st

Could you perhaps elaborate on how you accomplished acquiring this scholarship?
    I see you have the CompTIA collection of certs.

I will also be doing the the the Net+ and Linux+ in the near future followed by taking the Microsoft path first in the longer term. I know a BS will help me as well and was considering WGU but funds during an apprenticeship are quite limited. Any help guiding me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    There's a form to fill out online, I explained my situation via their forms. You also have to enroll, so they take into consideration your test score, resume, etc. I also had 2 letters of recommendation, and I had to have a scholarship interview
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark