Options

Passed ICND/CCENT March 14

paul325Cipaul325Ci Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I hope this is within posting guidelines, not getting into too many details, but a quick recap:

50 questions, (x were sims), 90 minutes to complete, passing score needed 804 from a scale of 300 to 1000 (not sure what that means percentage-wise).

I passed the CCNA back in 1999 (wow, feeling old), the ICND 1 exam is more comprehensive then the original test, also back then, there were no sims. The good thing about the sims is you can use the "?", absolutely critical IMHO to completing them.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone! icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif So, are you on to ICND2 then?
  • Options
    Thanks JD, yes, studying for ICND2 and CISSP.

I have a great jumstart, since back in 2009 I was able to take the Global Knowledge CCNA Bootcamp (you do NOT have a chance to take the cert during class, and I slacked off and never attempted the certification). As a part of the course, I have the Global Knowledge ICND1 and ICND2 courses on CD.
  • Options
    blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, which global knowledge? I went to the boot camp in va
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    great job. i am sitting mine in a week! may I ask. were you allowed paper and a pen in? I went to my test centre today and all you are allowed is some piece of crap plastic board thing and a texter. I did read something about that on here. Do the boards even let you erase stuff and does it smudge ? I ask if you can even take something to wipe it with and they said no lol. what's with that?

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mattau wrote: »
    great job. i am sitting mine in a week! may I ask. were you allowed paper and a pen in? I went to my test centre today and all you are allowed is some piece of crap plastic board thing and a texter. I did read something about that on here. Do the boards even let you erase stuff and does it smudge ? I ask if you can even take something to wipe it with and they said no lol. what's with that?

I got a laminated board and a grease pencil. There was no hope of erasing the thing. All I was doing was smearing it around and getting it all over my hand. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Correct, you have NOT been able to take paper into exams for the last few years, BUT you can ask for more that one errasable board, DO IT!! As the other posters have mentioned, the things smear, and after that, they are worthless. For my CCENT, I used two, was critical to me doing well, I would ask for 3 or 4.
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    ill ask for it but i asked when i went to have a look and they said ill only be able to take one and if i wanted more all id be getting is a double sided one icon_sad.gif