Options

Any issues installing IOS 4.3?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone run into problems yet? I have downloaded it for my Ipod Touch 3G, and it seems like it is installing, but I-Tunes says otherwise. Says I am up to date on 4.2. Anyone offer any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I don't have an iTouch, but I have an iPad. I did not even know that there's a new update; when I read the title of your post, I immediately updated my iTunes and plugged-in my iPad to get the 4.3.
    As I am typing this, I am in a process of downloading the new update, but it seems like it will take forever to download the 4.3 update.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes one major issue until further notice.....it will break your jailbreak LOL! i use wifi tethering so its not worth it yet. icon_wink.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I've updated 3 devices with no issues.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Anyone offer any suggestions?
    Make sure you have a backup of your last good backup.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/63960-got-two-ibricks.html

After the reset, the upgrade worked. And then the 2nd restore from backup finally worked and I have all my stuff (and configurations) back.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I finally got the 4.3 installed, but the I don't see the five finger gesture like for going to home screen, and for pulling the multitask bar. I thought 4.3 had that feature.
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    >> http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/63960-got-two-ibricks.html <<

Once it was installed it was fine though .. love the wireless hotspot feature ..
    thehourman wrote: »
    I finally got the 4.3 installed, but the I don't see the five finger gesture like for going to home screen, and for pulling the multitask bar. I thought 4.3 had that feature.

Sites kept going on about it but very early they said they gonna scrap it in the final release ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Is there a reason why they did not include that feature?
    That was a really good feature.
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□

I read "somewhere" (cant remember where) that it might be saved for the next major iOS release. Would make sense to have it for the new iPad though.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□

What I read is that time is the main reason. The feature is too big to properly test / get working and they probably wanted to push the new IOS.

Plus lets face it, they didn't want to give out all the goodies at once .. I mean surely they want SOME features in the "back" for IOS 5 :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p