Some advice on Labbing

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
So I'm trying to start doing some labs for the 680... Got a 2008 R2 server running VMWare. I installed Win 7 on that. But I can't figure out how to get VMWare to allow me to boot off of a boot-able CD. I created a WinPE ISO, mounted it with Daemon Tools and then connected the drive to the Virtual Machine. But when I try to boot to WinPe it keeps giving me an error that a device is inaccessible. I'm going on day 3 trying to get this lab setup and now just starting by creating an image, deploy, etc is taking forever. Any help?
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    unmount it in daemon tools

make a new vm load it as the boot/install iso make the new vms hd 650meg
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Tried that, got the same error. May be I got a step messed up? I created a new VM and chose the ISO as install path? I'm pretty green when it comes to VMWare.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Tried that, got the same error. May be I got a step messed up? I created a new VM and chose the ISO as install path? I'm pretty green when it comes to VMWare.

I'd try burning the iso (it's pretty small, can burn it to cd) and try to boot from your optical drive. Maybe you have a problem with the iso itself. I've been doing the same thing you are, and I've not had any issues other than having to highlight all the errors in the MS Press book and using the updated sheets. (It's pretty sad that the binder of errata is almost half the size of the book, haha.)

Anyway, I'd just rule out your iso, just to make sure.