Options

How the heck.....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
does a program know if you already tried the demo? I supposedly used Ashampoo, and now I can't use the demo...(their demo program sucks anyway)

I thought once you uninstall a program, it should be removed, completely. Wouldn't leaving a file like that on my system be some violation somewhere??? WTF!!!!!!
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    get a copy of adaware. also use winner tweak
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    I do Ad-aware scans every week. I don't remember using the Ashampoo before, so if I did, it must have been a long time ago. Either way, it did leave a small file that I found with some other demo program. I guess they all do to ensure someone actually buys the product.
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe there's some reference to it in the registry that is causing your dificulties?
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's usually always in the registry that keeps track of demo applications. Just try to search it out in the registry and delete it. You should be able to install the demo again after all that.
  • Options
    I tried the registry search, no help. I got it out now I think......
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Ricka182, I had the same problem a while back with a program for school called Inspiration. I uninstalled the trial and tried reinstalling, but it wouldn't work. I tried downloading a new copy, deleting every entry from the registry, but still nothing would work.

I didn't want to format, so I just went to another machine.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    haha - caught out aye guys icon_wink.gif

OK, seeing that this issue does sometimes also effect trying a newer version I will give you some tips.

OK - you have cleared the registry - that is a good place to start. Next you want to go to your Program Files folder and make sure the folder for the trial is no longer there. Next dig deeper into the Common Files folder and look for anything from the program maker. After that you will need to dig even deeper - I can't remember exactly where in 9x, but with XP it is in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\Local Settings\Application Data. You should also check C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\Local Settings\Application Data - that should sort the issue.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007