Options

Server backup solutions?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys. We currently use Evault(I386) but wow what a price tag
do they put on this system. Do you know of any good backups software\systems for servers?

has anyone had experience with Acronis? and their suppport? and price?

storage craft solutions anyone have experience with these guys?

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i dont know about good but i see this often on job searches

Data Backup & Recovery Software | Symantec
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We are using Acronis on 100+ systems for years and it is working perfectly. Even Universal Restore works a treat. Their support is fine - you can easily catch them on chat or email - so far they fixed every problem. As for the price, you can find it on their website .. around $900 per system .. $1300 for the Advanced Server (centralized backup server and unlimited - I think - agents on physical or virtual machines)... Just read through acronis.com
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Looking at

ArcServe
    StorageCraft

any takers to how it is?
  • Options
    americanpie3americanpie3 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Backup Exec System Recovery. There is nothing better and you really get a lot of bang for your buck.

It even comes with the granular restore option for your exchange server backups which can allow you to recover e-mails.
  • Options
    cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Backup Exec System Recovery. There is nothing better and you really get a lot of bang for your buck.

It even comes with the granular restore option for your exchange server backups which can allow you to recover e-mails.

I whole-heartedly second this.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218

Third.

I dont have any experience with acronis for business, use, but everything ive heard and read has been positive, and i like their home product.
  • Options
    geek12geek12 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    hey guys. We currently use Evault(I386) but wow what a price tag
    do they put on this system. Do you know of any good backups software\systems for servers?

has anyone had experience with Acronis? and their suppport? and price?

storage craft solutions anyone have experience with these guys?

I'd suggest Handy Backup Server, it's a complete backup solution for Windows network with multiple server-specific functions; has cost effective prices also.
  • Options
    gee12
    is it 1 license or do i have to buy 1 license per workstations and 1 license per servers?