Options

CCVP Exam Expiration

sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
I started CCVP in 2009. My CIPT1 pass will be 2 years next month.

Will I have to take CIPT v8.0 or will my CIPT1 v6.0 pass still stand?
"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    your cipt1 is still valid until its 3 year end mark. after that, you will have to take at least 1 professional level cert to recertify it.

example. cipt1 6.0 pass.. take cipt2 8.0 and it will still recert your 6.0.

at least, I hope! lol
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That is correct.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tokhss wrote: »
    your cipt1 is still valid until its 3 year end mark. after that, you will have to take at least 1 professional level cert to recertify it.

example. cipt1 6.0 pass.. take cipt2 8.0 and it will still recert your 6.0.

at least, I hope! lol
    Only certifications get recertified, not exams. Passing CIPT2 v8.0 doesn't give you a new 3 year clock on CIPT1 v6.0.

If the OP hasn't finished the CCVP/CCNP Voice by the 3 year mark of the CIPT1 6.0 exam (if that's the first exam they took for the CCVP), they'll need to take and pass the current version.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    @mikej412 ... Your response sounds correct. i passed CIPT1 v6.0 in April of 2009.

CIPT6.0 - Passed 4/2009
    CVOICE 6.0 - Passed 2/2011
    CIPT28.0 - Scheduled next week
    TVOICE - Pending (before end of April)
    CWAPP - Pending (before end of April)
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Only certifications get recertified, not exams. Passing CIPT2 v8.0 doesn't give you a new 3 year clock on CIPT1 v6.0.

Right, I thought that is what we meant! XD

Each exam is worth 3 years in cycle, as is each certification.

Passing the more recent exam will give fill the new certification requirements, and give you another three years to gather the rest of the pieces to the certification.

So you can either pass the remaining exams before your 6.0 exam expires, or you will need to pass the 8.0 version of the exam.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.