upgrading BIOS

okym05okym05 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the Core exam for a couple of weeks, and I took some practice exams and read a textbook. I got 2 questions icon_sad.gif "What is the most important thing before upgrading BIOS?" "What do you have to determin before upgrading Pentium III to Pentium 4?" Does anyone know what the answers are?
Thanks

Comments

• entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Turn off antivirus software before upgrading the BIOS.

Make sure the motherboard supports the P4 processor.
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    The most important thing to do before flashing the BIOS, is to back it up. Turning off AV software won't help you when you try to flash it and it screws up. You're then left with a dead machine. icon_wink.gif
  • entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    You're right, my mistake. icon_mrgreen.gif
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I remember something in the practice exams i did saying the most important thing was making sure u had the right one. I know it sounds really obvious, but it makes sense..
  • okym05okym05 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the answer guys!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    /usr wrote:
    The most important thing to do before flashing the BIOS, is to back it up. Turning off AV software won't help you when you try to flash it and it screws up. You're then left with a dead machine. icon_wink.gif

1. Backup
    2. read instructions from MFG site on FlashingBIOs

(/usr, you are very quick to post ;) )
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?