Options

Passed today!

RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed with an 866! Pretty happy...I start a new job on Monday so I'm glad to have gotten this bad boy before I get busy.

Advice to those preparing: the Gibson book will not lead you astray. I would say almost everything I saw on the test was covered in the book. I used some other practice tests (SkillSoft, VTE) and saw some things that weren't on the objectives. I did some research on those topics just to be sure.

I think I was at a bit of an advantage because I came right off Network+ and went into this one...anyone looking to do both would be well-served to do this one immediately following Net+ while the topics are still fresh between the ears. I would go so far as to recommend reading DG's book before taking the Network+ book if time isn't an issue. I understand some of the Networking concepts better now after reading his book than I did just preparing for Network+.

Good luck with your preparation and be confident...the test is far from impossible!
Studying for: Linux+; C|EH

Comments

• Options
    DPrice21885DPrice21885 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job/congrats. I passed on 3/8, it feels nice to be "validated" right?
  • Options
    RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job/congrats. I passed on 3/8, it feels nice to be "validated" right?

Oh yeah! Thanks.
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    zezo010zezo010 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass
  • Options
    tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very impressive score. Congrats man! I sent you a PM with a question, I hope you dont mind.