Options

Decision making

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
I just started my new job which is tier 1 help desk technician. I have been working there for about a month and still under training.
I just got an email about a network engineer position, and they are looking for a CCNA, Security+ certified or be able to get those within 6 months.
I told the recruiter that the ccna exp that I have is from my home lab, and he said that was terrific.
Should I apply for this position? If I get lucky, I would get the job.

I like networking than answering call, it is not hard, but...you know.

What should I expect for this network engineer position? Like what kind of work.

Thanks
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Go for it, I'd say. Nothing to lose anyway and will certainly propel you towards a networking career.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Ok, I am going to try.
    I did pretty well this morning at work.
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • Options
    Quick question about this network engineer position. What does a network engineer do from monday-friday?
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    thehourman wrote: »
    Quick question about this network engineer position. What does a network engineer do from monday-friday?
    Assure everyone that it is NOT, infact, the network that is the issue, and rather their shitty server/application or something else.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    thehourman wrote: »
    What does a network engineer do from monday-friday?
    Play MMO games while remoted to their home PC.
  • Options
    Heero wrote: »
    Assure everyone that it is NOT, infact, the network that is the issue, and rather their shitty server/application or something else.
    Lol I kind of expecting a reply like this.

@brad-
    Ok
    Studying:
    Reading:
  • Options
    projectleadershipprojectleadership Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hows your experience about your job and how are you feeling now?
  • Options
    @projectleadership,
    It's alright and I'm doing ok and just like I posted above I have been working there for a month, but I kinda like networking. And I'm studying some Cisco certs. Based on folks here and from other forums, it seems like networking is more fun than being a help desk tech.
    Studying:
    Reading: