Options

Free software of the day really

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Input Director - Software KVM to Control Multiple Computers

Got a PC and a laptop next to it and use both "screens" using the same mouse / keyboard (even copy / paste works) ..

awesome ...
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Nice find +rep :)
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    gateway wrote: »
    Nice find +rep :)

:)

Also works with dual screens on PC + Laptop ... love it love it love it ...
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any idea how the traffic is sent from one to the other? I've used Synergy for this purpose for years but the traffic is sent in clear text unless you wrap it in an SSH session, which took me forever to figure out and configure. This of course means that if you lock one of the "clients" and come back to unlock it later, your credentials get passed in the clear.

Edit: Not lazy, just can't check the link right this second.
    :study:
  • Options
    shaqazoolu wrote: »
    Any idea how the traffic is sent from one to the other? I've used Synergy for this purpose for years but the traffic is sent in clear text unless you wrap it in an SSH session, which took me forever to figure out and configure. This of course means that if you lock one of the "clients" and come back to unlock it later, your credentials get passed in the clear.

Any port you like plus
    Security
    •Encrypt network data between Input Director controlled computers using AES with a 128, 192 or 256bit key
    •Lock down the Input Director configuration so that only Administrators may make changes
    •Systems can limit which master systems can control them by host name, ip address or network subnet
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Input Director - Software KVM to Control Multiple Computers

Got a PC and a laptop next to it and use both "screens" using the same mouse / keyboard (even copy / paste works) ..

awesome ...

I've used this in the past. Solid product.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    shaqazoolu wrote: »

The nice thing is Synergy allows you to have a windows computer and a *nix based computer with 1 keyboard and mouse and its seemless moving the mouse from one computer to another. This one is Windows only. Its still cool I am not knocking it but if you can get synergy to work I think it is a little cooler ;)
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The nice thing is Synergy allows you to have a windows computer and a *nix based computer with 1 keyboard and mouse and its seemless moving the mouse from one computer to another. This one is Windows only. Its still cool I am not knocking it but if you can get synergy to work I think it is a little cooler ;)

Oh, well yeah that's a deal breaker for me. I have a Linux machine and a Windows machine sharing my peripherals right now so this wouldn't work for me sadly. Bummer, I got a little excited that I wouldn't have to reconfigure that stupid SSH port forward junk every time I wipe my drive.
    :study:
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this, looks like a nice toy!

oh, and +rep
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project