Options

Passed with an 823!

tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yeah, not the best score but I will take it. I am a terrible test taker.

Tools for passing: DG's book and pandora.com to keep me sane.

I applied for a job two weeks ago but didn't get it because Security+ was a requirement and there were was another candidate who already had it. That annoyed me so last Sunday I bought Gibson's, studied it all week, got 98% on the practice test at the end of the book and yesterday signed up for the exam.

Last night I began doing free practice tests online and failed almost all of them. This made me very, very nervous.

I passed, but I am never doing that again. My next cert I am going to take my time and make sure I am well prepared before jumping the gun.

I was thinking of going for Microsoft 70-680 Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring next, but my company has a lot of free training materials to get my CCNA. I am going to read a book for pleasure and thinking about it.

In the mean time, I am going to go into the first internet cafe I can find, scream out the password for my wireless network, my wife's social security number, my mother's maiden name, the model of my first car and the name of my first cat. It is going to be liberating.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    On a scale of 100-900 that's a very decent score. Regardless, everything above the passing score results in the same certification - congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Forgot to mention I used the kindle version of Gibson's boot. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. It was well formatted with hyperlinks when it referenced other parts of the book. And it is only $10. Not bad.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass

823 is a good score
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tecjohnson wrote: »

In the mean time, I am going to go into the first internet cafe I can find, scream out the password for my wireless network, my wife's social security number, my mother's maiden name, the model of my first car and the name of my first cat. It is going to be liberating.

I don't know about anyone else, but I got a pretty good laugh out of this! Well played, sir.

Congrats on the pass as well! icon_thumright.gif
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
  • Options
    arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing and I agree with the above posts... Your score was very good. I'd be extremely happy with that score.