Options

CCENT-Help

katanasaber1katanasaber1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys.. I am a new member and I have a few questions regarding the CCENT exam..

I am planning on appearing for the CCENT on 29th March(still haven't booked the slot) and I would like to know if my preparation is sufficient.

I have been preparing for the CCENT exam using the CBT nuggets CCNA video series and The Ultimate CCNA study package by Chris Bryant( The Bryant Advantage).

I am quite thorough with the above materials, and I have been scoring quite well on the practice exams of Chis Bryant..

Is my preparation sufficient or are there any other materials I should go through before attempting the exam..

I have also briefly gone through the CCNA Study guide by Todd Lammle( The first six chapters)

Thanks and waiting for replies...

Edit: I have been using GNS3 and Free CCNA workbook for the labs.

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure about CBT or Todd's book, but I've used Wendel Odems book along with Netacad Modules and passed.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What hands on preparation have you been using? You're not going to pass a Cisco exam by reading a book and memorizing some facts. You should be practicing the things that you are reading about with either Packet Tracer, GNS3 or on actual routers and switches. If you don't have any equipment to work with, you can visit Free CCNA Workbook and start at the beginning. It'll take you through setting up GNS3 and labs on every CCENT/CCNA topic. Also visit the actual Exam Blueprint to ensure you know every exam topic inside and out.

And above all, welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place.
  • Options
    katanasaber1katanasaber1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @alan2308

Thanks for the reply. I have been practicing the labs using GNS3 and the Free CCNA workbook and It is really a great resource.

I have gone through the CCENT blueprint and I am quite comfortable with the topics. I just need to practice a bit more of subnetting..

I wanted to know if CBT nuggets and Chris Bryant - Study guide cover the concepts in sufficient detail or do I need to go through other sources..

And thanks for welcoming me to the forum..:)

CodeBlox

Thx for the reply, It seems that Wendel Odem's CCENT book is around 600 pages and i really don't think I will be able to read all of it before this month end..

Are there any particular chapters you would recommend from Wendel Odem's book which focus on topics not covered by CBT nuggets or Chris Bryant..
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Erm, I'd recommend you slow down and take the time to learn the material. You should read the whole book and implement it in a lab environment with either hardware or a simulator.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens