Just bought the book...

Andy GriffinAndy Griffin Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
After debating with myself on which certifcation to start with, I finally decided to go with what the majority seem to go with...the CompTia A+. I bought the "Dummies" book ("9 Books in 1" icon_rolleyes.gif )

My goal is to complete both exams by May 1...then I'm guaranteed a high income. icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, I am excited about my certification journey.

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    After debating with myself on which certifcation to start with, I finally decided to go with what the majority seem to go with...the CompTia A+. I bought the "Dummies" book ("9 Books in 1" icon_rolleyes.gif )

My goal is to complete both exams by May 1...then I'm guaranteed a high income. icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, I am excited about my certification journey.

First off, welcome to the forums!

The beginning certifications are always the funnest :).

What do you plan on working with, technology wise, in the next 5-10 years?
  • Andy GriffinAndy Griffin Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First off, welcome to the forums!

The beginning certifications are always the funnest :).

What do you plan on working with, technology wise, in the next 5-10 years?

Since I'm just now trying to break into the field, I don't know for sure what direction I want to take, but wireless networking seems interesting.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since I'm just now trying to break into the field, I don't know for sure what direction I want to take, but wireless networking seems interesting.

Cool. I'd say definitely check out CWNP (Vendor neutral wireless certification company):

CWNP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums and the beginning of the certification journey!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck brother...be consistent and you'll be fine!
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
    Cool. I'd say definitely check out CWNP (Vendor neutral wireless certification company):

CWNP

I actually came close to starting with that one (I posted about it in that section).
    Well, so far so good. I have read through the entire book, just skimming, letting little bits of knowledge stick. Now I am beginning to hit the "learning domains" hard, soaking up all the info I can. I still hope to complete both exams by May 1, but I may end up having to settle for passing Essentials by May 1 and shooting for June 1 on the Practical Application test.
  • DragonrangerDragonranger Member Posts: 101
    Put your mind to it and you can accomplish great things!
  • SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, so far so good. I have read through the entire book, just skimming, letting little bits of knowledge stick. Now I am beginning to hit the "learning domains" hard, soaking up all the info I can. I still hope to complete both exams by May 1, but I may end up having to settle for passing Essentials by May 1 and shooting for June 1 on the Practical Application test.

That sounds like a more realistic goal. I recommend investing in some practice exams. I used Ucertify.. I would recommend them for CompTIA exams, but not necessarily for MS or Cisco where you need hands on experience. Good luck.