www.careerjobsuk.com SCAM Warning

greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just want to warn anyone, about those people and their SCAM in the uk and maybe in some other countries. received an phone call, and the screener asked me if still looking for work, do I have an experience in IT(in that time I was thinking, normal phone call)Than he said , That in my area new company is going to have their main-branch and looking for someone who is graduate or have IT certs (still no alert).Than said that he is going to offer me some courses for free that will prepare me better to my new job that and help me get better knowledge of IT and if I will be doing good they send me to do some Microsoft courses too!

I asked is it for free? He said mainly yes because future employer will pay ( I think too good to be true). Than he asked if I am interested and I said yes, and he arranged an on-line interview for Tomorrow( I thought how lucky I am, found such a good opportunity!)

later received an email from them
Thank you for our telephone conversation today. Please view all details of how we can help you gain entry into the lucrative world of IT.

As discussed during our conversation I would like to confirm that you have been selected to attend an on- line interview at:

22nd March @ 5:30pm

You will need to be by an internet enabled computer to have access to all the relevant information. The Object of the online interview is to ascertain your suitability. Our aim, should you be successful and accepted onto the programme, is to assist placing you into employment in an IT capacity e.g IT network engineer. Starting salary can vary significantly depending on age, experience, qualifications, company placement and geographical area.

Should you be successful for inclusion onto the Employment Programme, at Career Jobs UK we aim to make the path to becoming an I.T professional as easy as possible. We'll advise you on which programme to go for and what extra training to complete - all based on what you want to gain from your future employment. We will organise every aspect of your training and heavily subsidise funding as well as helping you to secure a career that suits you.

In the attached files and links is all the information you need to take the first step of your new career.

I look forward to speaking to you again on the date and at the time stated above.

Than I started thinking something stink and is dodgy....

googled for while and found threads about that this is scam, they offer course but for 79£ per week and so on

Any way I gonna have an interview tomorrow and than I will inform you about this great opportunity !! :D
Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

Comments

• greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't know if I am allowed to link another forum...if no I'm sorry and please delete this post, but here is more information about this..

Career jobs uk - CertForums just to warn you guys....

I just had an interview today with them. Had a nice chat with lad for about 30 min (disconnected couple times,-sth wrong with my mobile ;D), and this chap was calling me again and again :), talked about this program how great it is, and said about future job and so on

I said thank you but not interesting , and he was really, really astonished.I said that |I found a better job, and he asked me for how much, I said 17000 £ as Junior position, than he said that after their course as MCTP I will get 25000-30000 with no industrial experience!!(he explained that I will get experience because of virtual labs and all this staff. He said also, that the offer is limited and only for today.

despite of my smiley faces I am upset , how such a company scam telling bullocks about how easy and fast is get a good job with no experience no education just certs( they do not mention that is not easy to pass the exam,well when you don't use a ****!) for a really good many, 25-30 000 £ guarantee!!Their program is the best!

Because of those people the IT market is really spoiled and is really difficult for someone who is really keen on IT and work hard to pass the exam and find a job....

Anyway I hope that this thread will help some of you, when you will be looking for a job and those people call you and offer a great job and deal...

• SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Those types exist here. Even on popular sites like Monster and Careerbuilder (yet another reason I do not like using them.) They promise $30k-$40k internships, promise to have you MSCE etc certified (via braindumps in reality) or promise a job for you.

When in doubt, take 2 seconds and Google.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • SammygSammyg Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    greenerek wrote: »
    I just want to warn anyone, about those people and their SCAM in the uk and maybe in some other countries. received an phone call, and the screener asked me if still looking for work, do I have an experience in IT(in that time I was thinking, normal phone call)Than he said , That in my area new company is going to have their main-branch and looking for someone who is graduate or have IT certs (still no alert).Than said that he is going to offer me some courses for free that will prepare me better to my new job that and help me get better knowledge of IT and if I will be doing good they send me to do some Microsoft courses too!

I asked is it for free? He said mainly yes because future employer will pay ( I think too good to be true). Than he asked if I am interested and I said yes, and he arranged an on-line interview for Tomorrow( I thought how lucky I am, found such a good opportunity!)

later received an email from them
    Thank you for our telephone conversation today. Please view all details of how we can help you gain entry into the lucrative world of IT.

As discussed during our conversation I would like to confirm that you have been selected to attend an on- line interview at:

22nd March @ 5:30pm

You will need to be by an internet enabled computer to have access to all the relevant information. The Object of the online interview is to ascertain your suitability. Our aim, should you be successful and accepted onto the programme, is to assist placing you into employment in an IT capacity e.g IT network engineer. Starting salary can vary significantly depending on age, experience, qualifications, company placement and geographical area.

Should you be successful for inclusion onto the Employment Programme, at Career Jobs UK we aim to make the path to becoming an I.T professional as easy as possible. We'll advise you on which programme to go for and what extra training to complete - all based on what you want to gain from your future employment. We will organise every aspect of your training and heavily subsidise funding as well as helping you to secure a career that suits you.

In the attached files and links is all the information you need to take the first step of your new career.

I look forward to speaking to you again on the date and at the time stated above.

Than I started thinking something stink and is dodgy....

googled for while and found threads about that this is scam, they offer course but for 79£ per week and so on

Any way I gonna have an interview tomorrow and than I will inform you about this great opportunity !! :D

icon_cry.gif Too late Mr Greenerek, reading these forums are good as they warn you but as its too late for me I feel so sick and stupidicon_sad.gif,I am just so desperate to gain employment or start some sort of course that I fell hook, line and sinker for this.

I got my online interview Tuesday afternoon and when I realised, thanks to my bro who is employed in the IT and has and studied hard for an MCSE qualification, I canceled my card altogether so they at least they couldn't get any more money out that way, I also sent a letter special delivery quoting the 'Customer Protection Selling Regulation 2000' as in their terms and conditions, phew that done i started to calm down a tiny bit.

Now my calmness has gone as, yes you guessed it, I have just checked to put my mind at rest and Nooooooooooo, £79 has shown up in my account from DirectJunctionicon_sad.gif, it appears they were quick off the mark and have taken the money out already, now I am going mad i could just kick myself, I thought of phoning my bank to say someone must have got hold of my card when it was lost it and used it to pay this company as it clearly wasn't me, but as my bro pointed out this is fraud,oops! and that could get me in serious trouble, so we thought my best bet would be to see by the royalmail website if they received my letter via their track and trace facilities, which it looks as if it has as someone signed for it and the website even gives you the signature well scribble when it was received, then to wait a couple of days and phone them up monday to say they obviously received my letter and ask them where my refund is getting them to send me a cheque as no way am I going to give my new details out again, but if they are adamant they won't refund it, my only hope I can see is to just speak to my bank and explain and see if anything can be done, unfortunately if not its just a harsh lesson learned as i can't see what else I can doicon_cry.gif, or if you or anyone has any suggestions can they please let me know, any suggestions would be apprepriated?
    Let's hope that they will refund,however you agreed to join the course so, won't be easy....they are smart icon_sad.gif, better to lose those 79 than 400 after couple months.....good luck!, just in case a suggest apply for a new card and block the old...you never know, who can use your detail and when....

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When I read the thread title I read it as "career job suk" and wondered how anyone could trust a site like that :)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SammygSammyg Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    greenerek wrote: »
    Let's hope that they will refund,however you agreed to join the course so, won't be easy....they are smart icon_sad.gif, better to lose those 79 than 400 after couple months.....good luck!, just in case a suggest apply for a new card and block the old...you never know, who can use your detail and when....

Thanks for your reply Greenerek I do to but I don't hold out much hope of getting my £79 back:sad but as you said rather that then 400 and at least one of the first thing I did was block my old card as you suggested, so they couldn't get anything else out.
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One more time please :)
  • nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep thats totally helping you companies rep
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    One more time please :)
    Please don't feed the spammers -- use the report function (that report.gif icon you should see when you're logged in).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • exfiveexfive Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow, I'm so glad I decided to do research on the company before the phone interview

I received the exact same email from them.

greatly appreciate you posting this. thank you
  • Alexslaven_ukbpaAlexslaven_ukbpa Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Alexander,

5.00pm on Wednesday 22nd of June

You will need to be by an internet enabled computer to have access to all the relevant information. Our aim, should you be successful and accepted onto the programme, is to assist placing you into employment in an IT capacity e.g IT network engineer. Starting salary can vary significantly depending on age, experience, qualifications, company placement and geographical area.

Should you be successful for inclusion onto the IT Development Programme, at Career Jobs UK we aim to make the path to becoming an I.T professional as easy as possible. We'll advise you on which programme to go for and what extra training to complete - all based on what you want to gain from your future employment. We will organise every aspect of your training and help you to secure a career that suits you.

Our Web Site - Careerjobsuk.com
    Job Descriptions (see attached file)

Muhammad Basit
    Senior Consultant
    Career Jobs UK

employmentprogram@careerjobsuk.com
    Tel: 020 3253 0116
    Fax: 020 8622 0028

The following attachment is copyright of Career Jobs UK 2010. All rights reserved.

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and confidential. It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by any person other than the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Career Jobs UK reserves the right to monitor e-mails in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Registered Office: The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon CR9 2ER
    Career Jobs UK is a trading name of Direct Junction Limited. Registered in England and Wales: 06966135

dont be fooled they may seem legit but there not, DONT GIVE CARD DETAILS OUT PERIOD unless you have been face to face looked them and been on location the job is based.
  • w.virgow.virgo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much guys.... With the help of this forum I was able to save myself this scum
  • suresure Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I changed my bank details and now they sent me a letter saying we will pass you to our legal department what can i do help me
  • papperkashpapperkash Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you sign anything? I doubt you did, therefore there is no contract. Don't let them trick you into paying. It's the same deal with debt collectors when they call up and say "just pay £1 a month" if you agree to things like that, then you kind of enter into a contract with them. Be careful, don't let them trick you, this company are clearly scammers. My best advice would be to go and check out the website "Get out of debt free" - IT's primarily dealing with debt collectors but same underlying principle by the sounds of it. Namely, that you do not have a contract with them and they are trying to get money out of you.
  • mariux333mariux333 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello (sammyg) i just have been scammed today they have already taken my card details without a signed agreement an so on,offering training with a cost of £79 a month for 1 ******* year! the people i have spoken to seemed very unprofessional,beside while talking on the phone heard suspicious whispering while getting feedback from so called professional manager or admin for final approval conformation which obviously tells me that there was more than just one person listening to private conversation and TAKING YOUR BANK CARD details,also and experience is not essential they provide it FREE APPARENTLY ( £79 monthly ) and moving on to the interesting part myself had done a bit of research or tracking if u like about all this SHITY BOLLOCKS and found using website tracking spy and found out that there was no historical daily traffic trend which means their data usage that they daily collect from customers which obviously rings you a bell!! and it seems like the admin VECL is Muhammad Basit which couldnt even find anymore information about this person other than that. my dear friends i would collect as much posts and information or even record their conversations track their physical location and take this matter a bit further.thanksicon_twisted.gifPLEASE SHARE THIS POST ANYWHERE YOU LIKE !!!