Options

CCNA Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ouch. I'm feeling a bit on the defeated side today. Came back with fail. I'm going to take it easy for Christmas and start doubling-down again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my studies and I need some time to think out a better approach. Has anyone else gone through multiple fails on the CCNA?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Darn. ICND2 or CCNA composite?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Dang man, sorry to hear it just don't give up!
  • Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Darn. ICND2 or CCNA composite?

his working on ICND 2
  • Options
    As a fellow South Carolinian:
    What was your score breakdown?
    Do you remember any thing that you thought was 'odd' or something that just struck you differently. I remember a few questions that I hit me like **** truck.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    Yes I do. I made sure to write those down. I had one question that I'm certain was wrong. I left a comment pointing this out.

My breakdown was:

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications 53%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements: 88%
    Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices 47% ouch!
    Implement, verify, etc. ACL 83%
    Implement and verify WAN links 67%
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like jsb515 said, don't give up, swat away the fail and forge ahead. Besides you have come too far and put too many hours into it to give up now.

After I failed the ICND2 I changed the way I was labbing. No more "cookie cut out labs" I would set a goal valid to the material and build from the ground up. This really helped me out a lot.

I also wrote down everything I could, as soon as I could about things I knew I did wrong. Based on what I wrote down is what I focused my labbing to.

You'll get it, and when you do it will be worth it.
  • Options
    Alright, I licked my wounds enough yesterday evening. I went home with Dark Knight Rises and took the evening off. This was a good idea, as it gave me time to think over the exam and write down everything that I thought I tested badly on and any questions that I thought were odd. I did have a few that I asked myself, "Where on earth did that come from?" or "I don't remember ever seeing anything like that in book, but in maybe only a single paragraph".
  • Options
    so I guess the composite still requires some finer details, from what you're saying.

• Options
    palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that...have ur decided on ur exam date yet?I have scheduled mine (CCNA composite) on the 12th of Jan and this is the first time I will be sittiung for it...Its a pretty difficult exam to pass we all know...Good luck to you and good luck to myself :)
  • Options
    @Roguetadhg: Composite? Do you mean the full CCNA? I took the ICND2.
  • Options
    Dont mind me. Today has been one of those days.

• Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    My goal is to sit for the exam by the end of this month. I' think i'm ready but a little bit nervous.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck to u...let us know how it went?
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Ouch. I'm feeling a bit on the defeated side today. Came back with fail. I'm going to take it easy for Christmas and start doubling-down again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my studies and I need some time to think out a better approach. Has anyone else gone through multiple fails on the CCNA?

BOOM:
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Hey, dont let the fails get you down, you probably dont remember, but Mr. Awesome Face aka Mike-Mike failed 3 times before passing on the 4th.... just stay at it, those commands only stay in the brain if you use them

it took me awhile, but I finally got it, and now I'm in a NOC and life is good
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Picked up another 2950. I'm hoping to get a better feel for how STP works as I'm told it's impossible to get a good idea without at least three switches. This was an area I did poorly on during my last ICND2 exam.

LOL, I have some season finales that I need to get caught up on. Here I come Hulu...
  • Options
    I passed the CCNA this morning :) I'm very excited and completely exhausted mentally. I'm taking a couple of weeks off and then I'm going to start on the CCNA: Security.

I always feel weird when I get the "Preliminary Results" from Cisco. It makes me afraid their system will change its mind... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Way to go!!
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have been at it a long time. I bet seeing that "Congratulations" on the screen at the testing center was liberating.
    Update your profile and show off that cert!!!
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    lol~ the system won't change it's mind ;) don't worry!

congrats! btw =p
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I've to line up to do ICND1 soon. So far I've got 799... twice. icon_redface.gif
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. I've to line up to do ICND1 soon. So far I've got 799... twice. icon_redface.gif

What I've learned so far is, steady and slow wins the journey. It took me a year to accomplish and I think I have learned more by being forced to stop and continue almost monthly.
  • Options
    I know i've told you congrats in person but wanted to say congrats again!