Options

ICND1 tomorrow morning...

mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
9:30 AM...

I'm in freak-out mode right now. icon_study.gif Practically going through the entire Odom ICND1 Press book looking for any little thing I might have missed icon_sad.gif

I think I'm just so apprehensive because I'm afraid the test will be radically different than any the Comptia ones. And I've ran through all the Cisco pretest stuff with the question formats and everything several times.

Probably just totally psyching myself up for this, hopefully I'll look back at this post and laugh at how worried I was.

Anywhoo - we'll see what goes down when the time comes! icon_silent.gif

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Good luck!

Check out the "**** sheet" below for last minute review.

CCENT Certification All-In-One For Dummies **** Sheet - For Dummies
  • Options
    okplaya wrote: »
    Good luck!

HOLY CRAP!

Thanks so much for this. I plan on getting to the testing center a good hour or so early to check in and make sure everythings good (I'll have to drive a little more than an hour to get there, so don't want to be in a rush), and this is exactly what I need for that time.

Definitely owe you one!
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    please post a reply as soon as you finish the exam, im sitting mine this week to and am pretty nervous.

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took this about a month ago. Had more wireless stuff than expected. Passed anyway, easy exam.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck on the test today, you'll kill it. icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    okplaya wrote: »
    Good luck!

Nice find! I appreciate you posting that. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck!

but, reading or hearing people they're about to take CCENT/ICND1 makes me worry about how would I do the day I take ICND1 icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope he did alright, cuz I'm nervous for him and my test is next Monday.
  • Options
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Never a doubt! icon_wink.gif

I passed. With a decent margin too - certainly not near the top, but I assume I could have missed another 4-5 questions. Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

I'm not sure how to describe the experience. I had calmed down quite a bit by the time I actually sat down, and I felt I knew the first few questions solid, so that helped considerably. Then BOOM, the screen changes to the sim format, and I got all queasy again :D

But it was easy.

I left my papers at the office, but the only domain I nailed 100% was Security (I'm guessing since I just came off my Sec+ in December). There were 2 or 3 at 89%, and 2 or 3 at something like 67%. After finishing the test, I was more confident that my score would be significantly better, and thought I nailed IP/subnetting (one of the 67%'s), so kinda confused about that still.

I felt the test could definitely be described as "Network + with a bit of Cisco sprinkled in".

For that reason, super-excited to get into ICND2, and start building up my lab. I think I rushed ICND1 a bit much because I felt like a lot of the stuff I was reading I had covered before (wireless standards, OSI/TCP, etc.) so I genuinely hope the second part has some new stuff to interest me.

Most of all - I think something clicked today. I feel like since I've passed this, and the Comptia ones, I'm finished with the "basics". Everything from now on isn't about the exam or the cert, but the knowledge behind it. I'm not going to stress out about them anymore. In other words, while I will use the test study materials to guide my learning, I plan on making sure the next ones I take will be sure-fire passes.

Feel free to ask more about the experience or any other questions! I'm already so far indebted to these forums and many of its people, and I'd welcome any way to contribute and give back.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mattlee09 wrote: »
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mattlee09 wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Never a doubt! icon_wink.gif

Feel free to ask more about the experience or any other questions! I'm already so far indebted to these forums and many of its people, and I'd welcome any way to contribute and give back.

Congrats Matt icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I'm very excited for you and I'm also glad you thought it wasn't so bad. I have my test in 6 days, so I'm starting to feel the stress build.

Would you perhaps care to pass some notes back and forth in e-mail? I could definitely use a helping hand or of some who is in a similar situation as I am.

Shoot me an e-mail if you are down to converse. Yeah thats my awesome e-mail address icon_thumright.gif

Anyway, Congrats again.
  • Options
    EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job on the pass, planning on sitting this test myself here in a couple of weeks. Did you do any lab work or anything like that?
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations on passing!!!!!!

incd1
    do practise on subnetting and wendell odom is enough and some lab
    practise
    video training like cbt or trainsignal if required
  • Options
    Jas21Jas21 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a lovely and supportive forum (just thought I would note that!)

well done! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Grats icon_thumright.gif good luck with part 2
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!

Good Luck with ICND2.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Aj24 - I will send a mail your way shortly!

Hypntick - I did, but only very very basic. Probably 15 hrs or so. I took a 2950 switch and ran through setting a hostname, login banner, local accounts, interface configs, console/vty passwords, etc and then wiping it and re-doing probably 5 times on separate days. Super boring, but by the 3rd day I could almost write it in notepad and then apply it :)

That probably counted for 5 hrs or so, and the other 10 was spent on "know your show" and going through routing (rip) config commands. Definitely think you should invest at minimum this much time in both the basic config, if not more, and then the different show command outputs. You can do some of the CLN "e-Lab Simulation" modules, such as https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4569 I think there are 4 or 5 in total.

- ML
  • Options