Options

CCNA test in 3 hours

mikka1984mikka1984 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys and Gals

First off want to say big thank you for community, been following this website for a while while prepping for my CCNA test, this site helped me a lot in my preparation :). Decided to register and post before i go take my exam.

Done 2 months worth of studying, clocking on average 20 hours a week, went through both Odom's books cover to cover at least 4 times and have 100+ hours spent labbing. Lets see if I have what it takes in a few hours.

My LAB:
2x 2610
2x 2611
2x 2620
1x 3640 (as FrameSwitch)
1x 2950
3x 3550 EMI
1x 3560
1x 3750
load of wic2ts and cables.
Plus used GNS3 at work and while traveling.

Will let you know how I got on this evening.

Comments

• Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Best of Luck....Hope it goes well.icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Good luck holmes! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tell us how it goes :)
  • Options
    tsabolictsabolic Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems like your ready!

Good Luck!!

Ya and tell us how it goes :)icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
  • Options
    Phew, have to say, tough but fair. Passed with 838, barely, but pass is a pass :) Ran out of time on the last question (sim) as well, walked out of the exam room expecting a fail. After doing the whole of MCITP this came as a shock to me, MCITP looks like kids play in comparison. Well, I’m off to study ROUTE now, let’s see how long it takes me to have that under my belt. Thank you all, will keep you gals and guys up to date on my progress :D
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woohoo!!! Congrats man!! Thats really good to hear :)

What do you think was the your weak subjects on the test? any pointers for a fellow test taker? :D
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Congrats! Impressive lab.
  • Options
    EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    Congratulations!

All of that study/equipment and you only barely passed? I'm worried now!
  • Options
    Hmm, well weakest according to the result was VLAN and SPT, which is hilarious, cause i can configure both on the fly in my home lab. Panicked more than anything, so don't do that, that's probably the best advise I can give you. Know how to subnet, and try to do it in your head. I got to the point where I can 'feel' subnets and do not need to work it out on paper. CCNA is very time-pressed so think quick, don't sit on the question for ages, you will only hurt yourself in the end. Know your show commands. I will say it again, know your show commands, or you will waste time going through the info (I know i did icon_sad.gif ). As far as the study equipment, well, i knew that i will not stop at CCNA, want to do CCNP->CCIP->CCDP->CCNPsec, then see if I'm brave enough (and my missus patient enough) to do CCIE RS. Study-wise, i would go off to areas not covered by CCNA sometimes. Spent about 10 hours of those playing with frame relay configs. At the end of the day, if you love it and want to know it, you will be fine. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    ether00ether00 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tsabolictsabolic Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! bowing.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikka1984 wrote: »
    Passed
    Congratulation!! icon_cheers.gif
    Ran out of time on the last question (sim) as well, walked out of the exam room expecting a fail.
    You either lucked out and it was an ungraded beta SIM -- or you need to work on your exam time management so you don't miss out on an easy 50-75 points (that's my guess as to what SIMs are worth on the exams). But you also do get partial credit on SIMs (one of the things Cisco has admitted about exam grading), so if you had started working on the SIM you may have gotten some of the points.
    I’m off to study ROUTE now
    After your Celebration, drunken_smilie.gif right? Good Luck with your Route studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulation!! icon_cheers.gif

You either lucked out and it was an ungraded beta SIM -- or you need to work on your exam time management so you don't miss out on an easy 50-75 points (that's my guess as to what SIMs are worth on the exams). But you also do get partial credit on SIMs (one of the things Cisco has admitted about exam grading), so if you had started working on the SIM you may have gotten some of the points.

After your Celebration, drunken_smilie.gif right? Good Luck with your Route studies icon_study.gif

Yeah, I did SIM partially, knew that I would not have enough time left so I did the configs that I felt would be the quickest to implement. Celebration is this Saturday, time's a wasting, no point in putting studies on hold :)