Options

Go the ICND1 & 2 route or the CCNA route?

jrambarjrambar Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I took and passed the CCNA back in 2006 on the second try which has expired and now that they have split up the tests I was wondering if some people who have already taken these exams can give me some advice.

I'm looking to re-cert. I'm not a beginner, just a bit rusty. I haven't used my Cisco skills in about 2 - 3 years. Reading over the Cisco press ICND 1 I'm pretty rusty with sub-netting along with a few other areas. Now that Cisco split up the tests into 2 made it a bit intimidating for me. A few area's I managed to dust off the cob webs and picked up pretty fast. I'm now ready to hit up the ICND 2. Are the Cisco Press books a good option for a person like me or are there any other books that can dust off cob webs a little faster?

Also, is the CCNA 640-802 really a good option or should I take the 2 test route? I'm trying to figure out what Cisco added that made them split up the CCNA into 2 tests. Any type of feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it depends upon when u r taking exams

2exam-
    from today 15 days go for icnd1 u will get atleast ccent and then after 15-20 days give icnd2 which gives u ccna

if from 1 month then u can go for direct ccna 640-802
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jrambar wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I took and passed the CCNA back in 2006 on the second try which has expired and now that they have split up the tests I was wondering if some people who have already taken these exams can give me some advice.

I'm looking to re-cert. I'm not a beginner, just a bit rusty. I haven't used my Cisco skills in about 2 - 3 years. Reading over the Cisco press ICND 1 I'm pretty rusty with sub-netting along with a few other areas. Now that Cisco split up the tests into 2 made it a bit intimidating for me. A few area's I managed to dust off the cob webs and picked up pretty fast. I'm now ready to hit up the ICND 2. Are the Cisco Press books a good option for a person like me or are there any other books that can dust off cob webs a little faster?

Also, is the CCNA 640-802 really a good option or should I take the 2 test route? I'm trying to figure out what Cisco added that made them split up the CCNA into 2 tests. Any type of feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Just to note,

ICND1+2 = the cost of CCNA640-802. So really its not a cost thing.

Also view this thread in the Cisco forums: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/120860#120860

Also this is Chris Bryant's advice:
    CCNA Certification Path One Exam Or Two?

Good Luck!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is also a third option . Take the ICND1 and then take the full CCNA test. I've heard it's easier than the ICND2.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    jrambarjrambar Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aj24 wrote: »
    Just to note,

ICND1+2 = the cost of CCNA640-802. So really its not a cost thing.

Also view this thread in the Cisco forums: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/120860#120860

Also this is Chris Bryant's advice:
    CCNA Certification Path One Exam Or Two?

Good Luck!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Thanks, those 2 links helped me a lot.