Options

Reliable way to look up 911 Dial Attempts?

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
Usually when the sheriff shows up for the 4th time in two days, I usually get called for a 'phone' problem. I have been looking up in the logs for a supposed phone call that was made from us out our gateway, but I have not been able to find anything.

I have been using the RTM plugin and looking up 'dialedNumber=' values in the sdi log I pulled from the time frame, with no indication of a 911 or 9911 call attempt from our phone system.

I am currently isdn q931 debugging the gateway and loggings its finds for the next phone call. Is there anything else I can do to trap this phone call? I am also running the RTM's active monitoring with a trace type of sdi. Anything else I can do to track this down?

The phone call is coming form our 'main line', which many phones mask to.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

We recently changed PRI providers, is there any chance there was a mix up in E911 configuration?
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    There are 3rd party apps that can do it much better than CDR, but If you have a good SQL guy around you can export the files and he will find your perp in no time. Just tell him what queries to look for and he will be on it like a hound dog.

EDIT:

Have one of the BIG DAWGS in your company send out a email informing everyone to stay on the line when they dial 911 to stay on the line.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    There are 3rd party apps that can do it much better than CDR, but If you have a good SQL guy around you can export the files and he will find your perp in no time. Just tell him what queries to look for and he will be on it like a hound dog.

My cheap @$$ company won't pay for a very 'good' anything. I wish we had a database guy. We have two sys admin's who know their stuff but I can't exactly 'sick' them on things. Call Manager is my bag, so even if it is on a server, they want nothing to do with it.

I couldn't ever get any of the 3rd party apps to work, there was a large lack of documentation from what I could find.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Route the 911 calls to your extension :)

You can be the emergency "proxy".
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    pitviper wrote: »

Gotta laugh at that prospect. icon_lol.gif
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »

Haha that's funny, but it wouldn't tell me anything I wouldn't know. It would give the person playing the stupid joke an unpleasant surprise though!

I'll let you guys know how this turns out.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: