Anyone using Firefox 4 yet?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Playing with it tonight, and it does seem to be a lot faster than older versions.

Comments

• sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    i like the shortcut tabbing you can do. so far, i like it
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Playing with it tonight, and it does seem to be a lot faster than older versions.
    You have lots of extensions and add-ons?

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

It's probably the only time I use Firefox now, for Firebug and other web-development related tools. Haven't updated yet myself, but didn't know if the benchmarks actually hold any weight.

Honestly though - It doesn't seem to be the speed thats holding me back from any of them, but compatibility issues still. Different webapps/portals I use at the office definitely work better in either Chrome or Firefox, but not too many seem to do both equally well.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Works fine. I've been using it since early beta and I've not had any problems with it. The status bar went completely missing initially but they eventually added back in the little popup which shows everything I need anyway.

I setup my own lightweight Weave server to do Firefox Sync.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    yes. been using since beta. its really nice in comparision.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Yes. started testing since early alpha/beta. With RC1 I finally uninstalled 3.6 since my add-ons were fully supported. Saved bandwidth and stuck with RC2 since nothing changed. The downside I've been using it so long, there was no excitement factor. I should resist the urge to test Firefox 5 later this year :)
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been using it for some time now since beta, It's good I like it however I still prefer Chrome.
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    Yes it certainly seems abit faster although its not compatible with the current delicous bookmark add-on (not mozilla's fault) Most importantly my doctor who themed toolbars still work so I'm happy with it.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk