Options

NOC Technicians Needed - Houston, TX

DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm looking for a few entry-level NOC technicians to do overnight support at my data center. Anyone interested in Cisco certification or just networking in general is encouraged to apply.

If you are interested or know someone that might be interested, please send me a PM. Local candidates only please.

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Errr, wish this was in Virginia! I would jump at it!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    How is the cost of living down there? I'm in MN but would be willing to move to get a job. Just finishing up my degree at WGU in security.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Errr, wish this was in Virginia! I would jump at it!

what part of VA are you in ?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    Hampton Virginia. I see that you attend ODU? That's actually where I'm supposed to be this semester but due to a lack of funds I had to go part time. I attended TNCC and finished the A.S. in Computer Science. Should mention that I have no work experience outside from lab experience.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    youre a good guy. im glad some job postings get shared here.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Nope I am actually a VT alumni ( user name kinda gives it awayicon_wink.gif) now a days I tend to break networks around the Richmond area.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    How is the cost of living down there? I'm in MN but would be willing to move to get a job. Just finishing up my degree at WGU in security.

No state taxes, very reasonable housing costs, and a super-nice city to boot. I don't live in TX, but Houston is one of my favorite cities.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • Options
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Nope I am actually a VT alumni ( user name kinda gives it awayicon_wink.gif) now a days I tend to break networks around the Richmond area.
    You break networks in Richmond? What type of work do you do?
  • Options
    Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Glad you are posting jobs on here. That is very encouraging. I love this community!
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +! on posting opportunities. Helps keep hope alive.
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    I updated the posting. I need someone immediately so local candidates only. Thanks!
  • Options
    slangtangslangtang Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    I updated the posting. I need someone immediately so local candidates only. Thanks!
    I am local and new to the forum how do i send you a PM? when i click your avatar there is no option for sending a PM
    Thanks..
  • Options
    There may be a minimum post count requirement before one is allowed to PM. Or some account age requirement.
  • Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    If you're a student at WGU, you'll be hard pressed to find a better job than working at a NOC during graveyard. Speaking from experience here :D
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    slangtang wrote: »
    I am local and new to the forum how do i send you a PM? when i click your avatar there is no option for sending a PM
    Thanks..

Post an e-mail address that you don't mind being spammed at and I will e-mail you.
  • Options
    You break networks in Richmond? What type of work do you do?

Heh that was a bit of sarcasm, I work as a Network Engineer for a large corporation around town.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Don't post your email address. If you want the ability to contact other members stick around and contribute to the community.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Heh that was a bit of sarcasm, I work as a Network Engineer for a large corporation around town.
    I caught the sarcasm ;). Would you happen to have any idea of entry level work available, like say, Help Desk work? Assuming that's where I need to start. I would like to earn a Network Engineer position some day.
  • Options
    I caught the sarcasm ;). Would you happen to have any idea of entry level work available, like say, Help Desk work? Assuming that's where I need to start. I would like to earn a Network Engineer position some day.

Let me pull some resources and I will shoot you a PM with some emails to send your resume to
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
  • Options
    Still looking. I need someone to start ASAP.
  • Options
    JpgonzalJpgonzal Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kudos for the job posting! I am currently switching careers and starting down the path in IT and would love to hear more about this opportunity. I may not be exactly what you are looking for but figured I'd sign up at least to say it is good to see this community with posting like this. Can not PM yet so any suggestions on getting in contact with you??
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you want email contact with members sign up to receive email and they can contact you via the forum.

Click on the users name and select "Send email to whoever".
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    l3eepl3eep Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm local and definitely interested in learning more about this opportunity. Not sure if i'm what you are looking for as I have no real work experience in the field. Although, I am currently finishing the CCNA4 with plans to get my cert. sometime this summer. I'm new to the forum, so I don't believe I have the ability to PM yet. I did sign up to receive emails from members, so hopefully that works.. Would be great to hear more~
  • Options
    xoshayanxoxoshayanxo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since i Just created this account, I cant PM you. I am so much interested in this position. I just updated my CCNA 2 months ago.I have bachelor degree in Computer Science & have passed CCNA twice.

Please provide me your email address or contact information.

p.s; I live in Houston.
  • Options
    IT037IT037 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does being bilingual in English and Spanish make a difference in regards to this position?
  • Options
    Is this a Global NOC or do you Bly deal with U.S. customers?
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey guys, this thread is olddddddddd.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Hey guys, this thread is olddddddddd.

Position might still be open icon_wink.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    I just happen to be looking to fill a position right now. This one is more desktop supported oriented and is the 2nd shift (noon - 8pm).
    I need someone that can help support our cloud clients (RDS, XenApp, XenDesktop).