Options

2650xm part question

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on getting a replacement label / bezel on the back of the router that shows aux, console, etc. I know it's my ocd, but the one I got has half of this torn off and it looks like crap. If there is somewhere you can pick these up as a replacement, I haven't been able to find it. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd check with you guys. Thanks for any help. :)

Comments

• Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Check with the folks at cables and kits. They might be able to help.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    eBay or asking a reseller such as Certification Kits (used to be Cisco Kits) if they've got any are your best bet for finding just the faceplate.
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    There is a guy on eBay that has them for about 10.oo shipped, I think they might be reproductions, but you can tell the difference once in the rack, I have one on one of mine can you tell?
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I didn't do a very good job explaining what I meant. I'm not looking for the plastic faceplate, I'm actually looking for the decal / label thing for the back that sits under the Fast Ethernet, Console, AUX ports, etc. It also has the 100Mps / LINK / PDX labels on it. I'm not sure what it's made of, seems like some thin foil / aluminum that's adhesive backed. Anyway, I've looked for a replacement, but I haven't seen one anywhere. My guess is that I'm out of luck, but that's why I wanted to check here. The router is perfectly functional, but it's pretty rough looking and I just wanted to see if a replacement was a quick possibility. Like I said, it's just my OCD. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, thanks guys.
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    I didn't do a very good job explaining what I meant. I'm not looking for the plastic faceplate, I'm actually looking for the decal / label thing for the back that sits under the Fast Ethernet, Console, AUX ports, etc. It also has the 100Mps / LINK / PDX labels on it. I'm not sure what it's made of, seems like some thin foil / aluminum that's adhesive backed. Anyway, I've looked for a replacement, but I haven't seen one anywhere. My guess is that I'm out of luck, but that's why I wanted to check here. The router is perfectly functional, but it's pretty rough looking and I just wanted to see if a replacement was a quick possibility. Like I said, it's just my OCD. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, thanks guys.

I fully understand the OCD thing, I have not seen that part yet, I would maybe email Cisco, they may sell the part, or look on eBay for a busted or bare chassis, and place you parts in it.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    I didn't do a very good job explaining what I meant. I'm not looking for the plastic faceplate, I'm actually looking for the decal / label thing for the back that sits under the Fast Ethernet, Console, AUX ports, etc. It also has the 100Mps / LINK / PDX labels on it. I'm not sure what it's made of, seems like some thin foil / aluminum that's adhesive backed.
    Ohhh. I doubt you'll be able to purchase those stickers unfortunately. Your best bet again to check on eBay and the various resellers.
  • Options
    huwwatkinshuwwatkins Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cant see anyone selling them seperatley - your best bet might be to buy a faulty 2610/20 as I think the decals are the same (apart from the model number stampted on it)
  • Options
    RickRandhawaRickRandhawa Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha, I always buy wic/vwic slot covers whenever I get a router with some missing. Totally OCD about it too. :D
  • Options
    huwwatkinshuwwatkins Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha, I always buy wic/vwic slot covers whenever I get a router with some missing. Totally OCD about it too. :D

Totally agree with this - I will completley disreguard a router on ebay that has no wic covers - unless its cheap but usually this is a sign that they have been taken out to be sold separatley which I think is a bit mean!
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□