Any IPX questions on the exam?

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those who took the CCNA exam were there a any questions on IPX?

Comments

• fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    My test was devoid of all Novell/IPX stuff.
  • MilkywayMilkyway Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Uh oh. If you're asking that question, you may be preparing for the old version of the CCNA. The test changed dramatically not too long ago. Make sure your book covers the material on the 640-801, or you will be woefully unprepared!! There's some additional routing protocols, some NAT material, some updated ISDN material covered on the new version of the exam.

Here's what Cisco expects you to know: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html. Click on the "INTRO" and "ICND" links at the bottom of the page where it goes into more detail.

If I'm off-base here, and you're quite aware of the change in topics covered with the exception of IPX, for which you're doublechecking to be safe, then apologies :). Just trying to save you from some frustration.

--MWicon_cool.gif
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for your help. I have Todd lammle's CCNA which doesn't really mention IPX but I also have Routing and switching examcram which i just noticed is for exam 640-507 ouch! I was reading it last night on the train
    on my way home and noticed a whole chapter dedicated to IPX. Well at least now a little bit more about IPX. :D Thanks for the link a check it out.