Free TechNet Sub ....

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
All you need is to pass and be quick icon_wink.gif

Virtualization Certification.
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    At risk of getting flamed, can I ask which exam is easier out of these, 70-659, 70-669, 70-652, or 70-693? I know I cant just walk in and wing any of these, but which one requires the "minimum administrative effort" ??
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Essendon wrote: »
    At risk of getting flamed, can I ask which exam is easier out of these, 70-659, 70-669, 70-652, or 70-693? I know I cant just walk in and wing any of these, but which one requires the "minimum administrative effort" ??

They all require administrative effort but it depends on what you already know.

I did the 659 first but that was after a week long class then I completed 693 & 669 on the same day.

If you know Hyper-V at all then do 659. 669 you need to know Med-V, VDI and App-V. 693 you need to know everything really as well as RDS too.

Good luck.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Due to government gift and ethics laws, government employees (including military and employees of public education institutions) are not eligible to participate.

Well that leaves me, and a bunch of other people out of that deal! Damn that blows like no other!! icon_mad.gif How is this a "gift" when one has to study to EARN a TechNet subscription...
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you just want a "free" TechNet sub for passing a $125 exam, and you don't know any of the products covered by any of the exams, take 652. I've taken them all and 652 is by far the easiest. I read the Sybex book for 652 and did the labs with a single Hyper-V host and passed with no problem. I had little prior Hyper-V experience when I started my studies.

The 659 exam is more applicable to reality since it covers Hyper-V R2, but it is much more in depth that 652. You will need some serious hands on experience with clustered Hyper-V hosts. The 669 and 693 cover a lot of products beside Hyper-V, such as MED-V, App-V, and even some RDS.

If you are interested in taking any of these exams, buy Mastering Microsoft Virtualization. It is enough to pass all of them (as well as 403).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Darn, if I had dragged my feet on passing the exams (like some of my coworkers on their MCITP exams ...) then I could have snapped this up. I would agree with CChilderhose and say the 659 would be the easiest to get started upon if you've got experience with Hyper-V or can get any sort of hands on experience with it. The other exams (excluding 652) would require practice with a number of other technologies so you would be spread thinner.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thank you for the suggestions, Moose and Jeff, I have my 647 on Monday (no more procrastination!), after which I'll gun for the 652. Thing is, it's going to take me atleast 15-20 days to get through a book, by then the 1000 count would be up for sure. But at any rate, I'll have another cert and demonstrable knowledge of another MS product. We'll see. Thanks again.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am not that big of a fan of Hyper-V, but I have a general curiosity of most technology, and I had no plans to take this, but the offer of a TechNet subscription is very tempting. Has anyone looked to see of the offer is valid for 072 series of any of these exams? This could be used in conjunction with the free 072 series voucher for Dreamspark members discussed in the General forum.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm in the same boat as powerfool. I'm partial to vSphere but have played in my lab with Hyper-V. I'm sure that if I get the book/CBT and hit the lab hard for a month I can pass 70-652. Does anyone know if they make public how many of the 1,000 are still up for grabs?
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    Has anyone looked to see of the offer is valid for 072 series of any of these exams? This could be used in conjunction with the free 072 series voucher for Dreamspark members discussed in the General forum.
    Check the link in the OP. You have to register and use the voucher provided, so you can't also use one of the free vouchers.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV