Options

ICND1 exam in 4 hours

phobophilephobophile Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wish me luck! :D

I feel very confident, which actually kind of scares me, seeing that there a lot of "fail" posts.

I've used pretty much all materials available, and have studied constantly for the last 7 months. I've watched through all of Jeremy's (CBT Nuggets) and Chris Bryant's (TrainSignal) videos, and read both Lammle's and Odom's books as well. I've also used multiple lab books that have been kindly posted on here (Subnet192, Free CCNA Workbook) and have practiced commands through PacketTracer and on real equipment (thank you from the networking engineers at work :)). I also have scored 85-90% constantly on the Boson practice tests that came with Odom's book.

I probably could have scheduled this 1-2 months back, but I do not believe that there is anything else that I could learn at this point that will help me with the CCENT. Failing would be a big disappointment, but I am also prepared for it, in case I do. Good luck to everyone else who have upcoming exams!

Comments

• Options
    okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Good luck! Confidence is key.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck on the test!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Good luck. How I see failing the test is that after that you understand how the test is, and you know what areas you need to study in also. With all of the study materials you have you should defiantly kill it.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!I'm sure will kill that test.
  • Options
    xopitoxopito Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    easy peazy! 962/1000 icon_smile.gif

more details after getting home!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    phobophile wrote: »
    easy peazy!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    easy peazy! 962/1000 icon_smile.gif

more details after getting home!

Well done! icon_thumright.gif

You seems to have everything down, almost perfect icon_cheers.gif

as a future test taker, what areas do you think you could have improved on? Im going through whatever I can right now, because I have my test on Monday icon_pale.gif

Oh and i've grouped up with some other people on the forums and created contacts and what not, if your interested shoot me a pm(admins wont let me post my e-mail) with your e-mail. I will be taking part 2(hopefully next when I pass on Mondayicon_cool.gif) so having some collaboration with others may help! Sharing material and stuff.

Cheers,
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Aj24 wrote: »
    Well done! icon_thumright.gif

You seems to have everything down, almost perfect icon_cheers.gif

as a future test taker, what areas do you think you could have improved on? Im going through whatever I can right now, because I have my test on Monday icon_pale.gif

Oh and i've grouped up with some other people on the forums and created contacts and what not, if your interested shoot me a pm(admins wont let me post my e-mail) with your e-mail. I will be taking part 2(hopefully next when I pass on Mondayicon_cool.gif) so having some collaboration with others may help! Sharing material and stuff.

Cheers,

I had forgot to mention that I also took ALOT of notes, about 100 pages worth. I just put all of my notes into Word, and whenever I needed to reference something, I could easily search the document for the info I needed. This helped me immensely.
  • Options
    I had forgot to mention that I also took ALOT of notes, about 100 pages worth. I just put all of my notes into Word, and whenever I needed to reference something, I could easily search the document for the info I needed. This helped me immensely.

Dam your one crazy note taker! But thats good, I have lots of notes but it worries me because I don't have that much! haha, I have a but load of material, pdf's n such.

Oh I forgot to ask earlier. I took a class recently for the ccna, and the instructor told us that the tests now days moved a little further away from subnetting and more towards the ins and outs of Layer2 and 3 routing. He mentioned that awhile back it was almost 50% subnetting and questions on it, but now maybe 30%. I've practiced subnetting a ton and can consistently do a practice question in less than 2 mins each but would you say he is accurate ?
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    good job you nailed iticon_cheers.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on ccent icon_cheers.gif

best luck for icnd2 icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Aj24 wrote: »
    Dam your one crazy note taker! But thats good, I have lots of notes but it worries me because I don't have that much! haha, I have a but load of material, pdf's n such.

Oh I forgot to ask earlier. I took a class recently for the ccna, and the instructor told us that the tests now days moved a little further away from subnetting and more towards the ins and outs of Layer2 and 3 routing. He mentioned that awhile back it was almost 50% subnetting and questions on it, but now maybe 30%. I've practiced subnetting a ton and can consistently do a practice question in less than 2 mins each but would you say he is accurate ?

I can't really discuss what was on the test, but you absolutely must know both of those topics if you are going to pass.
  • Options
    And for those who are wondering, the Boson tests that come with Odom's book are a good indicator of test difficulty. Some parts of the exam were a little easier than Boson, some were also more difficult.
  • Options
    XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can you share your notes that you have on CCENT material?
  • Options
    Javi437Javi437 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!
    CCENT