Options

Which Practice test simulator to take to know if you're ready

SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
Which practice test should I take to get a good evaluation of my knowledge and to see if I'm ready for the ICDN 1 test.

I tried the Odom test and that one is hard.

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

The harder the better.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used Boson for CCNA-Voice/CCNP/CCIP and never failed yet! Their ExSim-Max tests are great products, especially the TSHOOT exam.

For the CCNA, they offer up to 350 questions, labs included. I can't say much about it since i didn't used it for my CCNA, but overall they offer great exam preparation engines.

AFAIK, I don't think there's something comparable to what they offer right now since most of the other company's like ********* and ******** are just derivates from dumping websites and copy real questions into their engine pretending they prepare you well. At the end, everyone have his own preference but i feel that Boson care a bit much about your real competences than the others and the efforts they've put into their engine clearly demonstrate it.

Edit: You can see that these company's have been banned here :P So i'm not alone finding their product is a waste.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Yeah I agree Boson is the best bet. I used it for for both ICND1&2 and currently using it for CCNP SWITCH
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod

If its too hard you're probably not as ready as you think.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Test questions alone won't cut it. You're going to get simulations on the CCNA exam. Anything listed in the exam objectives is fair game to pop up on your test as a simulation. However, they're easy if you have spent the time configuring routers and switches in the scope of CCNA exam objectives.

If you have no experience at all (I didn't), then about 50 - 75 hours of lab time ought to do it.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    I've always found that the way questions are worded on the cisco exams is the hardest thing to overcome - the boson ex sim series is the best for this as their questions are just as wordy as the real thing. As far as lab sims go, if you haven't labbed it then you won't pass them - just make sure you can configure everything on the blueprint off the top of your head.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If its too hard you're probably not as ready as you think.

ditto, just think that the real exam is one step harder than any practice exam boson or any reputable vendor currently sells. Dont take your exam unless your scoring 90%+ on your practice exams. Good luck and only try harder and study harder if you fail the first time.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    ditto, just think that the real exam is one step harder than any practice exam boson or any reputable vendor currently sells. Dont take your exam unless your scoring 90%+ on your practice exams. Good luck and only try harder and study harder if you fail the first time.

That's what I figured, thx guys for the great input.
  • Options
    jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hy! the disc require to install and license?
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes you need the Odom disc and the license to install the practice test software.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson really helped me with ICND1&2 and I'm currently using it for IINS.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown