Options

window cannot access

thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
Hi guys sorry for posting this

I got a windows 2008 server with a problem.

when trying to browse the shared folders on the machine itself in the run command if I was to run

\\test1 for example (test1 being the name of the machine I can browse however if I run with a fully qualifed domain name

\\test1.example.com ( i get an error message with windows cannot access the error code is 0x80070005. The remote machine can use it I just don't want the problem is with the local machine using it.

Is there any way to fix this

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you get the same problem when you do it by [URL="file://\\ip"]\\ip[/URL] address?
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Do you get the same problem when you do it by [URL="file://%5C%5Cip"]\\ip[/URL] address?

no just if I was to use test1.example.com if I was to just to use test1 it does work.

It migt be worth stating that this network does'nt have a domain just uses a workgroup.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    thomas130 wrote: »
    no just if I was to use test1.example.com if I was to just to use test1 it does work.

It migt be worth stating that this network does'nt have a domain just uses a workgroup.

If it doesn't have a domain then why are you trying to browse with a fully qualified domain name...