Options

Going for the CCNA Journey

jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am fairly new to cisco, but since the company I work at uses it exclusively I am ready to take the plunge. Would like to know what everyone things after I give my background, timeline, etc.

BS finished 1/30/11

Done some basic stuff on cisco routers a few years back but now I currently work as a help desk lead at a large sports company. I am lucky enough that the guy I sit beside had his CCNP and has offered up 2 L3 routers and about 5 switches to lab on.(priceless) But since I am new I am looking to go the two test route and learn what I can on each.

I have read the odom book for ICND1 and liked the context, also have watched his video mentor series(18hrs) and was confused on subnetting. Went to my local engineer and in 15 mins understood the process!!! So now I am reading through Chris Bryant's CCENT/CCNA study package and really like the material. I should finish the CCENT info by the end of the week since I have time to read at work. I also have gotten a few cram sheets online and plan on using them as well. Prob going to take the ICND1 test in two weeks and then spend another month on the ICND2 with labbing and help from the engineer.

Any tips or tricks anyone suggests? I will provide the models of routers and switches tomorrow
ICND1 Test Apr 23