Options

Social Enginners Tool Kit Download

ablakeablake Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to download the social enginneers tool kit as I am ploughing through the CEH course through self study and are trying to use this tool in a safe environment / i.e. on my own accounts.

Has anybody successfully downloaded it and used it for educationall purposes.

The site for downloading the tool is

Downloads | SecManiac.com

What type of environment is required, I have simple Vista OS laptop

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    I'm pretty sure it's a part of BackTrack. You'll want to get a copy of that anyway, because it is really useful.
  • Options
    ablakeablake Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello - thanks for your reply - I have read that it is only available on Linux - is there a windows version available and can you recommend a site for a clean download.

Thanks

Andrew
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    ablake wrote: »
    Hello - thanks for your reply - I have read that it is only available on Linux - is there a windows version available and can you recommend a site for a clean download.

Thanks

Andrew

I don't know of any Windows distribution but if Security is going to be your thing, then Linux needs to be one of your best tools. I suggest learning it.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    I don't know of any Windows distribution but if Security is going to be your thing, then Linux needs to be one of your best tools. I suggest learning it.

Agreed x10.