Options

Passed CTT+ Essentials

Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the CTT+ Essentials this morning.

It was more difficult than I thought it would be, only scoring 728...I had targeted 800...but as they say "a pass is a pass".

Onward to the video !

Ron

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ron Brandt wrote: »
    Passed the CTT+ Essentials this morning.

It was more difficult than I thought it would be, only scoring 728...I had targeted 800...but as they say "a pass is a pass".

Onward to the video !

Ron

Congratz!
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you do your CTT+ through self study or somewhere else? Just curious?
  • Options
    Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kiki162 wrote: »
    Did you do your CTT+ through self study or somewhere else? Just curious?

I did not do a program/course. Self study was actually very minimal...

I read the book "How to be a Successful Technical Trainer" by Terrance Keys that I found on Books 24/7. Quite short.

I also did a few practice questions that gave me an idea as what to expect. I do know the exam has changed as I spoke to another person I know that wrote the exam 2 years ago. He scored about 800 but when he met with some CompTia staff at a function they made claim that the exam was too easy and should be changed...apparently they did.

However, I am an instructor in the scuba world and instructor training pretty much follows what is asked on the exam...same goes for the video, as I have been tested on the very same presentation format so hopefully I'll pass first shot.

Personally, I'd like to develop my own prep course for people wanting to take this challenging cert.

One final note...DO NOT take this exam lightly....

Ron
  • Options
    TheNetworkManTheNetworkMan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I often have people ask me about self-study vs. classroom study - use what works best for YOU! I did the self-study (a buddy shot the video) and passed. I don't teach CTT+, so I generally recommend (for those who want help/instruction) to check out PrepMasters (I don't recieve anything for it). Seems like everyone's been happy so far.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What did you all do for the video instruction portion? I don't teach formally at this point in my career. I've pondered this certification in the event I'd like to teach at a nearby tech school or community college to supplement my income. I do create quite a bit of user documentation at work, and there is always the possibility I could arrange some sort of training course there.