Options

Call Handler Help, please!

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to Unity, we are using Unity Connection v8. I am wondering how in the world I can get call manager to route calls to a handler I created in Cisco Unity Connection?

I am also wondering the proper way to do a hand off from one call handler to another. IE: Call handler is on a schedule. When the call handler gets calls out of the schedule time, it hands off to another call handler, and vice versa.

Does that make sense? I would love it if someone could contact me via PM with an AIM, GTALK, or otherwise as I would appreciate some advice. I promise I won't make it a habit =)
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    Alright, I figured it out, no thanks to cisco white pages. I just broke stuff till I figured it out, I'll write up a how-to and put it on my blog (and here) in the morning, I has been to long a day to explain everything right now.

It really is easy, once you know how. There are just so many fancy toy's with cisco if you are not familiar with the environment you can spend hours going "THAT must be it." or "No really, THIS is the problem." or even "Well, I need to do all three of these things...". All when in reality you are an inch away from the solution but a mile away from the knowledge to get you there.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    Good Job bud.. gotta love it when that last hit breaks through the wall!
  • Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    you're going to have to create a "CTI Route Point" with a line (dn) in CallManager/UCM and your call handler configured in Unity will have the same extension configured as the CTI Route Point. your CTI Route Point will have a line associated with it. the line with have the "Forward All" field checked under voicemail. This configuration will send all calls to the dn directly to the UCXN call handler.

HTH
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    sieff wrote: »
    you're going to have to create a "CTI Route Point" with a line (dn) in CallManager/UCM and your call handler configured in Unity will have the same extension configured as the CTI Route Point. your CTI Route Point will have a line associated with it. the line with have the "Forward All" field checked under voicemail. This configuration will send all calls to the dn directly to the UCXN call handler.

HTH

Yup, I was meaning to do a write up still. I found it annoying how I couldn't get this information anywhere.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: