|
|
DSL/MPLS/T1 lines over S2S VPN/VOIP Packets
|
|
|
Corporate Office/ASA5500
multiple PSTN Line

I'm seeing all kinds of benefits with this, long distance etc. etc. is this theory correct, with the VOIP small packet and QoS I think it's feasible...

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That sounds more than feasible, assuming you have proper QoS and latency to allow VoIP traffic to be prioritized. It is always sketchy sending data over an unmanageable network (internet) but with a pipe for the voip/data going over it, and proper prioritizing at the edge, you should be fine.

I'd be curious to see what a more experienced user has to say about it though.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I support quite a few of those setups to Call managers and to UC500 boxes. As long as they aren't high call volume users this should be fine. The only thing though is that there is no QOS over the web(which you already know) and setup the Regions properly in call manager so you don't allow to much voip traffic to pass.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    I would also look into your CALL / Avail Bandwidth Ratio.

G729 is what you will want to setup for the remote connections in order to save bandwidth on both ends. And yes, as others have mentioned, it will work as long as it setup properly.