Options

70-680 Passed

altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
I had taken this exam for the THIRD TIME yesterday and FINALLY passed it! Not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but all 3 times I had the SAME questions and answer choices.

Although I had the same questions and answer choices, but had chosen different answers, I came out with the same score of 600. Well, I searched on google, remembering some of the questions considering I had taken it twice with the same copy and realized that majority of the material that was on the test was NOT in any of the books I've read. I've read the MCTS: Windows 7 Self Paced Training Kit, and the Windows 7 Study Guide by Sybex.

Preparing for the third attempt, I watched the whole course of CBT Nuggets and half of Train Signal, and recorded 36 pages of notes in Word and taking PLENTY of practice questions on Windows 8 new features, Windows 7 tools, Exam 70-642, Exam 70-680 practice tests, no brain **** in all the Windows 7 categories. After taking the exam yesterday with the same copy of course as the first two attempts, I left out holding my score of 918!

If someone can show me how to upload attachments here, I'll be glad to upload my notes as well. Also, please know that my notes are 34 pages and I have been using Windows 7 since beta, so not 100% of the exam is in here but a great bit of the information is.
CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    altjx wrote: »
    I had taken this exam for the THIRD TIME yesterday and FINALLY passed it! Not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but all 3 times I had the SAME questions and answer choices.

Although I had the same questions and answer choices, but had chosen different answers, I came out with the same score of 600. Well, I searched on google, remembering some of the questions considering I had taken it twice with the same copy and realized that majority of the material that was on the test was NOT in any of the books I've read. I've read the MCTS: Windows 7 Self Paced Training Kit, and the Windows 7 Study Guide by Sybex.

Preparing for the third attempt, I watched the whole course of CBT Nuggets and half of Train Signal, and recorded 36 pages of notes in Word and taking PLENTY of practice questions on Windows 8 new features, Windows 7 tools, Exam 70-642, Exam 70-680 practice tests, no brain **** in all the Windows 7 categories. After taking the exam yesterday with the same copy of course as the first two attempts, I left out holding my score of 918!

If someone can show me how to upload attachments here, I'll be glad to upload my notes as well. Also, please know that my notes are 34 pages and I have been using Windows 7 since beta, so not 100% of the exam is in here but a great bit of the information is.

I would be interested in your notes to see if I am missing anything for my exam coming up. To attack do a reply to this post and scroll down to "Manage Attachments" to upload. :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    I don't have a Manage Attachments section icon_sad.gif
    Even tried using the find box.
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    altjx wrote: »
    I don't have a Manage Attachments section icon_sad.gif
    Even tried using the find box.
    New members with low post counts don't get to attach files.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Priston wrote: »
    New members with low post counts don't get to attach files.

Oh ok, thanks.

I will upload it to mediafire if that's not breaking the rules here? Is that ok?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nh17xhnl1xj3wyv
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congarts on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz on passing icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ampersandampersand Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass and thanks for the notes!

Did the exam focus on new Windows 7 features (BranchCache, DirectAccess, etc.)? I've been studying those more intensely than functionality that has existed since XP and/or Vista. Thanks!
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the notes, will add them to my own.
  • Options
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Thanks for the notes, will add them to my own.

No problem.

ampersand wrote: »
    Congratulations on your pass and thanks for the notes!

Did the exam focus on new Windows 7 features (BranchCache, DirectAccess, etc.)? I've been studying those more intensely than functionality that has existed since XP and/or Vista. Thanks!

As far as with DirectAccess, I don't remember seeing anything about it. If anything, I seen 1 or 2 answer choices about DirectAccess, but nothing heavy.

There were a question or two about BranchCache. Basically you will want to know how to set up BranchCache manually and automatically, just in case. Also know how to verify BranchCache is up and running via command line (netsh branchcache) and the command line's meanings.