Options

TechnologyCerts.com--anyone use them?

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I got hit up on Linkedin to join this cert group. I did proper due diligence and saw this company was not only safe but keeps coming up on the top 20 safe searches on certguard.com.

I will be going for my MCITP:EA very soon (have no choice now...lol). In addition to LabSim, I might want at least one more video to use for them. They have other certs like CompTIA and Cisco.

If anyone has ever used them, wouldn't mind hearing about it before I drop coin. I am seriously considering either going the TS/CBT Nugget route OR getting work to pay for a Global Knowledge Boot Camp or something.

Any insight would be appreciated...I have at least a couple of weeks to a month before I get in full EA mode.

Comments

• Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First of all, congrats on ur sucess so far and good luck as you continue on!! I have used them during my own pursuits and have been happy with them, they are a lot lot cheaper for the same if not better materials. great videos too. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I had someone add me on Twitter from them, yet when I looked at their site there was nothing on there I hadn't already done or was interested in. Didn't think much to it.

Then they tried to add me on LinkedIn. Seriously? I've a feeling they might be a bit spammy in trying to get the name out there.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    stuh84 wrote: »
    I had someone add me on Twitter from them, yet when I looked at their site there was nothing on there I hadn't already done or was interested in. Didn't think much to it.

Then they tried to add me on LinkedIn. Seriously? I've a feeling they might be a bit spammy in trying to get the name out there.

The gentleman actually found me through the techexams group on LinkedIn. The "spammy" nature did bother me a bit, but then again, I find it no different than Preplogic in that regard.

I really don't want to TOFTT on them...I could spend my money on products that are already proven (whether they are books or CBT products).
  • Options
    SamLea27 wrote: »
    First of all, congrats on ur sucess so far and good luck as you continue on!! I have used them during my own pursuits and have been happy with them, they are a lot lot cheaper for the same if not better materials. great videos too. icon_thumright.gif

First of all, welcome to TE.

Word of advice Sam.

I don't normally judge new members by point count. However, when I see your join date is 04-05-2011 and you have three posts with one highly touting the company I'm asking about...it makes me wonder if you are a company shill. (Someone from the company posting about x company, then throwing a couple of posts to throw off that he is shilling.)

I'm not accusing you of being a company shill; however I don't know if are one either.

Most forum board members from a good lot of forums in general are highly suspicious of new members who tout whatever. They view them as shills/spammers.

Take it as friendly advice. For all I know, I'm wrong, but for me to spend x amount, I would rather hear from those who I know are active members of this board.
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just trying to answer your question, since I had experience with the company.