Options

7961 vs 7965

RickRandhawaRickRandhawa Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
To be CCIE Voice lab proof do I need to grab 7965 phones or will the 7961's suffice?

Money isn't really an issue, but at the same time I'd rather not pay the extra $100 per phone if the difference is just a few codecs and a color screen. Maybe I can enjoy high fidelity audio while I talk to myself? :D

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    7961's are fine, but 7965's are cooler.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    LOL.. seriously.. wideband session target ipv4: 127.0.0.1

i think i read somewhere 7961 is good for now.. but im curious to see what the new changes may be if cisco changes the ccie-v whenever that comes about.. grrr i hate all the talk about changes!
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    LOL.. seriously.. wideband session target ipv4: 127.0.0.1

i think i read somewhere 7961 is good for now.. but im curious to see what the new changes may be if cisco changes the ccie-v whenever that comes about.. grrr i hate all the talk about changes!

Maybe they'll upgrade the router fans to have lights? Haha, sorry I had to...I just got finished reading that thread.
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    7961's are fine, but 7965's are cooler.

I do want to be cool. =\

Choices choices...
  • Options
    Maybe they'll upgrade the router fans to have lights? Haha, sorry I had to...I just got finished reading that thread.

Heyyyyyy man ... the damn equipment is boring and ugly.. im a visual person lol.. bring on the lights !!!!

and yes. im a true dork / geek at heart, but i look good doing it. (men in black) lol
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Support for the iLBC codec is the big difference between the 2 (other than the obvious screen). I believe that the 7962s and Cisco IP Communicator also support iLBC. The 7962s and up also have an electronic hook switch which is a big plus for users with fancy headsets in the real world.

I went with a dash of color in the lab :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Support for the iLBC codec is the big difference between the 2 (other than the obvious screen). I believe that the 7962s and Cisco IP Communicator also support iLBC. The 7962s and up also have an electronic hook switch which is a big plus for users with fancy headsets in the real world.

I went with a dash of color in the lab :)

Good for you PIT! lol

spice up your life! i mean lab!