Boson vs Real exam dificulty

XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
i know are many threads about the Boson exam simulator, but what i rly want to know, does it has the same difficulty as the real CCENT exam?, i just finished Exam A from the simulation, and it didn't seemed so hard. Of course, i failed, with 700 pts but i kinda did 70% on all sections except the wireless one where i did 20% and i knew i had to study for those coz i'm rly flying blind in that area. The simulation didn't appeared to be that hard (sure, i stayed at 1 sim around 20 min coz i was stuck at smth, and i still didn't completed it) but the rest, didnt' looked all that hard.

I also want to know, why all the ppl say that u have to do subnetting in 5-10 sec max. In this sim that i made, i even had time to write the 1's and 0's of the ip just like in the CBT Nuggets same way Jeremy Cioara teaches, and i didn't had time issues (even with those 20 min lost in that sim), like all say that u have to be rly fast, and careful with time management.

So...is the Boson exam close to the real? or i'm stressing myself too much thinking that CCENT is a rly hard exam for the beginner in Cisco

Comments

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I was told on here that the Boson sim is a bit more difficult than the actual CCENT, and therefore if you can pass the Boson exam you are pretty much set for the CCENT.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is similar! I suggest not even thinking to sit the exam if you're under 90% in the boson's.

Subnetting in 5-10 seconds is likely if you plan to do 640-802. For the CCENT i don't know but the time scale given on Boson's exams doesn't reflect the real Cisco exam at all.
    Most of the exams i did without the "extra non-english" 30 minutes, i finished with less than 5 minutes remaining.