Changes coming from Cisco?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Article

Also check out the video of the IBM superbug (using nano technology)

Interesting stuff

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Seems like it is an organization change. Perhaps some people are getting let go, perhaps some segments of cisco are being sold out to other companies. Seems like they are downsizing in some way, like shedding off some fat , like a product line of some sort that has been just a monetary burden.

Probably letting some high end execs go in order to bring in other high profiled execs from other big companies to manage some aspects of the enterprise? perhaps a merger with another big company? i dunno well see in the coming weeks....icon_rolleyes.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I can't see how they could have possibly thought things like the flip and set top boxes would be a success. Hopefully they get back to concentrating on getting their routers and switches back on top.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Wonder if that means they'll also be chopping some unnecessary product lines out of the network side. For example, I'd love to know who decided to essentially put the cat4500 and cat6500 business units essentially in competition with each other. I'd also imagine Telepresence going away. It's incredibly cool tech, but it's way too demanding, and waaaay too expensive (not to mention another one of those internally competing business units... we're going to develop telepresence, and then we're going to buy tandberg? wtf?)

Pity though, I live a couple miles away from the Scientific Atlanta facility. Wonder if it'll be going away.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I can't see how they could have possibly thought things like the flip and set top boxes would be a success. Hopefully they get back to concentrating on getting their routers and switches back on top.

i thought the Flip was successful? I see them everywhere
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've never seen one. Who would buy one when you can basically do the same thing with a smart phone these days?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah and top end digital cameras take HD video as well.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□

I think a large part of the problem is their own brand will scare away average consumers. Cisco are seen a high end and therefore complicated by the public at large, even if they have a device as easy to use as any competitors that perception will damage sales.

So yes hopefully they can get back to making THE products in their genres. I felt a bit guilty buying my first Juniper book 2 weeks back, but considering their ASA business unit seem to have the forward thinking of a fruit-fly we're going to need other options...
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?